I worship my albums of Anthony Rooley

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, November 29, 2019, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

You betcha, my Gesualdo is well steam fries whit love, my Josquin and my newly acquired Sigismondo D'India. You yes you purist of renaissance finest ensemble of the lot there in the best 5 ensembles around that for sure there a great favourite of mine, I love the consort of Musicke.

Who whit me on this, please, the best knife in the drawer next to la Venexiana these days.
Each time I listen to the consort of musicke of Mister Rooley, I'm blown away... to smitterin

Que

Quote from: Carlo Gesualdo on November 29, 2019, 04:39:18 PM
You betcha, my Gesualdo is well steam fries whit love, my Josquin and my newly acquired Sigismondo D'India. You yes you purist of renaissance finest ensemble of the lot there in the best 5 ensembles around that for sure there a great favourite of mine, I love the consort of Musicke.

Who whit me on this, please, the best knife in the drawer next to la Venexiana these days.
Each time I listen to the consort of musicke of Mister Rooley, I'm blown away... to smitterin

As long as Rooley sticks with music from Albion, I'm in perfect agreement!  :)

His complete Dowland is, for instance, gold dust:

[asin]B000004CYV[/asin]
Q

Maestro267

Is this snyprr reincarnated, perchance?  ;D

prémont

I think you like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4IQNE-xN4
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Mandryka

Quote from: Que on November 30, 2019, 12:17:36 AM
As long as Rooley sticks with music from Albion, I'm in perfect agreement!  :)

What did you make of his Musicke Of Sundrie Kinds, and The Chansonnier Cordiforme?
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mandryka

Don't forget he made three solo lute CDs and he plays some of the lute in the big Dowland set.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mirror Image

Shouldn't this be in the 'Great Recordings and Reviews' section of the forum?