Classical you most listen whit headphones?

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, January 10, 2020, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Ok here what I presume, classical composer whit high dynamics from almost non audible to super audible, most be heard whit them headphones,  instead of struggling whit the volume intensity, other case would be music so complex you don't want ear pollution from outside, since it would ruin the music.

I guess some classical composer are for these ear buds no choice, you don't wont cops to annoy you are annoy your neighbor, music such as Hosokawa I.e is great I have his 3 symphonies on Naxos I due love them, but I need headphones absolutely.

Maestro267

I have to listen to everything on headphones. The dynamic contrast in classical music is far too wide not to. That's also why I very rarely ever listen to classical music while I'm out. It just doesn't work.

staxomega

Chamber music and solo keyboard. I dislike orchestral music on headphones. For the longest time I only had a nice Stax 009 headphone system at work, but now I have some nice speakers as well, so my lunch listening is much more varied.

ChopinBroccoli

I'll listen to anything with or without  headphones
"If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it!"
- Handel

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

vmartell

Well  I think any answer will be as personal as the OP - obviously, I think a combination of room, gear and the environment... so  FOR ME, almost any music - headphones is pretty much the only way to get some peaceful listening... most of the time, although once in  a while I get the chance to push some real air...

On a related note - my wife is not an audio aficionada, so truly she had no idea of open or closed headphones and what open headphones mean... So, upon getting my first pair of open headphones, she was amazed, confused that, well, everyone could hear everything... My answer... well, you are a polite person and assume that headphones are for when one does not want to bother OTHER people when listening to music.  In my case, I wear headphones so nobody bothers ME when I listen to music... :D

v

Florestan

For me it's headphones 99% of the time, because 99% of my listening time is during late night hours.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini