Jehan Lescuriel

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, January 11, 2020, 12:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

I love his songs, I have several album by him, the Ricercare, i.e and more older release, he was the best Chansonier of his era,he got killed because, the king was an idiot back than, there were rumor a Jehan Lescuriel was a rapist and sadist, whom  abused women.. But the king like Herod decided to kill all bearer of this name, so Jehan Lescuriel was kill.

How stupid because Jehan Lescuriel was a common name, so chance are he was a casualty victim of a stupid king.

Imagine you're name John Smith and the king of that era decided to whipeout all John smith, because there is a serial killer or rapist of thee name, not smart at all?

What do you think folks of song's of Jehan Lescuriel song's , I think there lovely, There an album called Fontaine de Grace too by Jehan Lescuriel and it's mind blowing.

Mandryka

What do you make of Paulin Bündgen's Lescurel?

How do you say Jehan in French? Do you say it just like Jean?
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Carlo Gesualdo

I don't know about the first Lescurel you mention, and indeed Jehan is Jean.

He wrote pretty song, as a chansonier or troubadour, It's a shame he got killed, on suspicions  he was him, while there were a bunch of Jehan Lescurel.

My subjection is Fontaine de grace, more so than Ricercare, all do Ricercare did a fine job, I have some Lescurel in vinyl , perhaps his song are same level as Dufay whom would come later.

I'm rediscovering Ars vetus , my first entry in medieval music, stuff like Perotin and Leonin, The montpellier codex and especially Bamberg codex, I really like Hoquetus.

Why Ars nova so appealing, well I have  fews box-set of ars vetus, digital that I care, but the sounds not that it's so bad,, butt I would says in french ''dénaturisé'' all does I dont want the CD format to die super audio CD are great too, and there are recoord you will only find in CD format.

Have a great wonderful day Mandryka, today we got f*ck ''verglas'' I'm not going out since I don't wont to kill myself in the stairs, like I did 2 yrs ago, I was on painkiller for 6 month.