Albert Huybrechts (1899-1938)

Started by pjme, April 06, 2016, 10:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scion7

By the way, did you see any video cameras running on or in front of the stage during the concert?
Even if one or a group of the artists did so for uploading on YouTube or what have you for their own satisfaction, would be appreciated and great to have.
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

pjme

I' may get the (professional) recording of the orchestral concert later this month.

Will keep you posted.

Peter

Scion7

Have any news stories about the concert or reviews shown up online yet?  Looks like Ms. Thomas will be touring the Elgar concerto in Slovakia, et al, for a while, now.  Back to business-as-usual.

I found a couple of comments by attendees - courtesy of Google Translate   :-\  :

" Music gives peace, "" Music brings comfort "and other clichés from the comfort did not apply yesterday at the AH Discovery (May the next time a little less marketing-wise fashion, such as" AH rediscovered?). It started with the cutting documentary in the soul, which made us curious looking forward to the concerts. Which were all of a high standard and invited to this music, which most of the audience was completely unknown, listen again.
This composer was obviously more than a corner off, but his compositional inventiveness suffered there apparently not covered. I remember especially the two poems of Emile Verhaeren, the reading of Andrew Wise on and the overwhelming performance of the 1st sonata, and in the evening the two pieces for cello and orchestra. Especially the concertino was memorable: something different than the obligatory concerto by Haydn, how beautiful that is. Primary 'Poème féerique' is not very strong, how excited Liege orchestra performed it.
In short: an adventurous day where the Singel fixed rips his pants (evening more people on stage than in the audience), but the audience gratefully did go home. "

-- which obviously is a tad garbled.

" This day was a revelation for us. The program was very varied and also the music itself. Very high performance and very interesting composer. We look forward to the CD "

The soprano's web announcement, in English:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Jrc8gzuEhb4J:www.liesbethdevos.com/agenda/2016/4/16/albert-huybrechts+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Scion7

Still have not been able to find any news site that reviewed the concert.  Are they that shallow???  That was a historic event.  What with all the rot that the press gives for ... rot ... they could have spared some of their precious bits and bytes for this show.

pjme

The concert is NOW on VRT KLARA:

http://radioplus.be/#/klara/herbeluister

P

I can send you the orchestral concert later.

Scion7

There should have been a big article in the "Entertainment" or "Culture" section of one of the Belgian news organs for this concert - some sort of review.  I may not be searching with the right terms - language barrier.

Al de Baran

I am very late to this party, I know. But I only recently discovered this forum and thread when I did one of my occasional Web searches for recent information or new recordings by Huybrechts.

I have been an admirer of Huybrechts' work since I first heard the mysterious "Univers Zero cassette" during the '80's. Does anyone know how I can hear or access the recording of his orchestral works from the 2016 concert referred to here?

Al de Baran

Many thanks to those who responded to me privately regarding the "Albert Huybrechts Discovery Day". I do appreciate it.

Scion7

I've searched on Klara and I can't find it.  Maybe it was a one-time streaming thingamajoob.
If pjme has it and hasn't posted it on Youtube, hoarding it to himself as if it was Sauron's ring,
well, then,
he should be tied down and two IV's set up - one for the blood to exit, the other for apple-cider vinegar to replace it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmrNQg4zrvw

Al de Baran

Thanks for checking. Odd that Klara would take it down, but I suppose they do that after a certain amount of time passes. Perhaps Cypres will release the recordings, eventually?