Hello everyone,

Started by Munch, February 07, 2020, 11:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. I'm exited to join this community and learn from all of you. there is much beyond my scope and knowledge, but i'm always ready and willing to learn. A history of myself is not very long, but I was raised in a very small town, got my Bachelors in music production, got an internship in Los Angeles. I then proceeded to move away because of the life style, tried other careers but have always focused on music. And thus, here I am. Probably too much for a basic introduction currently just talking to myself on an empty "new topic", but so be it. Hope I haven't taken up too much of your time. I have a few pieces to post, but I didn't want to be rude and not introduce myself first.

Thank you,

-Damian

Que

Much appreciated, and welcome!  :)

Q

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Papy Oli

Olivier

bhodges

Hello, Damian! Your introduction is both polite and welcome. Have a good time here!

--Bruce

André

Hi there! Make yourself at home  :)

mc ukrneal

Welcome and enjoy yourself!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Welcome aboard, Damian! Who are some of your favorite composers or who are you into at the moment?

j winter

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Munch

Thank you all for your warm welcomes, I do very much appreciate it. I'll try and get more and more involved with the more time I have, I appreciate all of you.

Sincerely,

-Damian

vandermolen

Belated greetings from me too  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Munch

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 07, 2020, 07:00:12 PM
Welcome aboard, Damian! Who are some of your favorite composers or who are you into at the moment?

Hello There Mirror Image! I actually have really been enjoying the works of Saint-Saën lately. I've also been listening to a few Berceuse in general. I just love the story telling within them. In particular, Dolly, Op.56 - 5. Tendresse by Fauré. pleasure talking to you my friend!

-Damian

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Mirror Image

Quote from: Munch on February 08, 2020, 10:42:23 AM
Hello There Mirror Image! I actually have really been enjoying the works of Saint-Saën lately. I've also been listening to a few Berceuse in general. I just love the story telling within them. In particular, Dolly, Op.56 - 5. Tendresse by Fauré. pleasure talking to you my friend!

-Damian

Great stuff. Fauré is one of my favorites.

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

aligreto

Welcome aboard Damian. I am sure that you will find this both a welcoming and an informative forum. Enjoy your time here.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Munch

Thank you all very much! I have posted my first piece on the "Composing and Performing" Discussion, I would definitely appreciate any criticism or advice you have.

Thank you all again,

-Damian