Posting for the first time,

Started by Munch, February 08, 2020, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Hello all, this is my first time posting here. I might've talked to you from the introductions sections, if so thank you for the warm welcome. I was hoping I could use your ears for some advice on a piece I finished. I know many of you probably have a much better ear attuned to classical, as i'm newer to composing classical despite enjoying for many years,. I've produced for 10 years or so, but I've focused on other genres of music.

A disclosure before listening: This is a piece I wrote with a cinematic nature in mind. It is a piece inspired by the Lovecraft universe, in specific the Hounds of Tindalos. So naturally, its a horror piece. Its meant to be dynamic, so don't turn it up too loud, as it goes to quiet to loud. This is not a final mix, as it does not nearly have as much space in the mix as I intended.

I apologize if this is not to the taste of many of you, but I decided to post my most recent work. Everything else on my soundcloud is of other genres, so so you know. I tried to tell a story with my composition, and create themes for certain elements, and i hope you're able to catch them. Thank you to anyone who will grant me the pleasure of lending me your ears.

https://soundcloud.com/munchismissing/tindalos-concerto-in-f-phrygian

Mirror Image

Interesting piece. I like some of the harmonies. Is the C♯ Phrygian necessary in the title? I didn't think composers worried about key signatures anymore or, at least, in the title of their compositions.

Munch

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 08, 2020, 06:19:51 PM
Interesting piece. I like some of the harmonies. Is the C♯ Phrygian necessary in the title? I didn't think composers worried about key signatures anymore or, at least, in the title of their compositions.

I suppose not, I just left it from my .wav file that I exported from my DAW. I just left it in to give as much to you guys as possible. I guess I was just being an open book too much to the point I was giving useless information. I suppose it wouldn't be the first time I have done that. haha.