a tread about the finest dark chocolate and candy of choice

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, February 13, 2020, 05:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

I only eat very rarely 99% to 100% chocolate is small dose, Lindt 99% is fine but 100% sugar free chocolate is harder to find once I had a prodiver of Les vieux moulins (import from France) whit a cup of coffee it was delicious bitter, but better for the health and darker and bitter taste is an acquire taste, kids wont like it, they prefer the milk chocolate taste (very toxic too much sugar).

But now I became hook on Werther Original coffee flavor hard candy, to fight my tobacco addiction.The hard candy I let it melt slowly hmm hmm...there so great. You know what is almost a drug itself almond Paste, this stuff so good (product of France once again).

What is the purpose of this post, to share passion  whit dark chocolate lover and quality candy.

I have an anecdote very fascinating, once I was at the hospital, for panic when I got savagely beat up at my house in my back and tazer gunned.

My last day at this place I had Werther's original coffee a plenty, I had an old orthodox jew as room neighbor, he was very depress cry all day only read the Torah(old testament), he seem so sad, this day I was sharing my Werther's original whit everyone, so I come in a gentle manner whit caution, and give a Werther's original and say sir this is for you, he stare at the candy for hours not sure what it was, he ask the nurse what is this, she said to him oh this is a candy, the nurse than said you should try it...

Than next thing I heard he eat the candy, he had a boost of positivism he was walking,  straight, shoulder up, whit a huge smile in is face, he was not depress anymore.

True story

Mandryka

There's something I love, but you won't be able to do it in Montreal.

First, you need to find a sunny day.

Then you go to a traditional English pub, one that looks like this

and have a liquid lunch, a skin full, preferably this

And then, and this is the best bit, in the middle of the afternoon, sun blazing, a deliciously bitter taste in your mouth, you come out and eat this for lunch

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen

mc ukrneal

Wether? Yorkie? This appears to be a thread for heathens! :)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

j winter

These are my curent addiction.  A Philadelphia area favorite, first developed to go into rations for US troops in the first world war.  Peanuts in a thick molasses covered in dark chocolate...

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Wanderer

When in Paris, I always get chocolate from Henri Le Roux and Jean-Charles Rochoux.

Ratliff

Niederegger Marzipan.

A more local favorite, TCHO extra dark chocolate

XB-70 Valkyrie

I am a dark chocolate fanatic, mostly because I love the flavor, but also because I try to satisfy my sweet tooth with the least amount of sugar possible.

In all my years of tasting this stuff, my hands-down favorite remains Villars 72%. If you live in the U.S. these bars in their original packaging seem not to be available. However Trader Joes does re-brand them in a fluorscent green box stating that these are Swiss and 72%. As we speak, my wife is making a flourless dark chocolate cake out of four bars of this stuff. 

I also love

Lindt 70%, 85%, Sea Salt Dark
Valhrona 70-something, 85%
Perugina dark (not sure %)
Droste dark (not sure %)
TCHO dark (various flavors)
See's candy (truffles)

We ate at L'Atelier de Saint Germain de Joel Robuchon in Paris last summer, and we had this mind-blowing dark chocolate dessert with a dark chocolate hollow sphere into which was poured molten dark chocolate. This was one of the greatest desserts I ever had--a nuclear warhead of chocolate. The brand they used had a Spanish-sounding name if I remember correctly--my wife has it written down somehere. 

If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

Papy Oli

Dark dark dark  ;D

Lindt 85 & 90
Green and blacks 85
Any dark Godiva

And for the very special occasions, Neuhaus.
Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: XB-70 Valkyrie on February 15, 2020, 02:14:42 PM
I am a dark chocolate fanatic, mostly because I love the flavor, but also because I try to satisfy my sweet tooth with the least amount of sugar possible.

In all my years of tasting this stuff, my hands-down favorite remains Villars 72%. If you live in the U.S. these bars in their original packaging seem not to be available. However Trader Joes does re-brand them in a fluorscent green box stating that these are Swiss and 72%. As we speak, my wife is making a flourless dark chocolate cake out of four bars of this stuff. 

I also love

Lindt 70%, 85%, Sea Salt Dark
Valhrona 70-something, 85%
Perugina dark (not sure %)
Droste dark (not sure %)
TCHO dark (various flavors)
See's candy (truffles)

We ate at L'Atelier de Saint Germain de Joel Robuchon in Paris last summer, and we had this mind-blowing dark chocolate dessert with a dark chocolate hollow sphere into which was poured molten dark chocolate. This was one of the greatest desserts I ever had--a nuclear warhead of chocolate. The brand they used had a Spanish-sounding name if I remember correctly--my wife has it written down somehere.

Thank you so much for the Trader Joe's tip!  Is this one of their 'only available during November/December' specialties or do they carry it year round!  And the dessert that you had sounds amazing!  :-D

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

XB-70 Valkyrie

Hi PD,

It's available year-round. Here is the only photo I could find...

If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: XB-70 Valkyrie on February 16, 2020, 06:24:07 PM
Hi PD,

It's available year-round. Here is the only photo I could find...

Thanks for the photo; I'll keep it in mind when I'm nearby one of their stores.

Like you, I also enjoy the Lindt chocolate with the sea salt.

Best,

PD

p.s.  Hope that you enjoyed your flourless cake!
Pohjolas Daughter