Started by Marc, February 14, 2020, 09:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen

Iota

Quote from: Mandryka on February 16, 2020, 09:36:07 AM
Suich a marvelous boat race

I agree.

I think what vandermolen might describe (if I may be so bold), as 'craggy'.  ;D 

(I'm not seeing an image in your post, Mandryka, but when quoting it I see you've put sth in .. I thought it was brave of you to take it on faith that everybody would be familiar with the cockney rhyming slang alone!  :laugh:)

San Antone

Quote from: Mandryka on February 16, 2020, 09:36:07 AM
Suich a marvelous boat race

I can't see the image either, and cannot access it from the web.  Looks like a symphonyshare file. 

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen

Christo

Quote from: Mandryka on February 16, 2020, 11:50:30 AM
Does this work?

It does. Let me add a small story.

Last Wednesday afternoon I was obliged to take an hour-long photo shoot in an Amsterdam studio, by a rather well-known (locally it is) photographer, for the back cover of a new book. In advance he showed me some photos from his portfolio, just to show me, some recent ones of Reinbert de Leeuw including. My very first thoughts when I heard about Reinbert's demise two few days later. These photos - Ilja Keizer the name of the artist - probably another 'obituary' now going viral:

E.g.:
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Carlo Gesualdo

R.I.P Reinbert De Leeuw Your work will never be forgotten In ours collective mind, I love his Nikolai Obhukov, Claude Vivier and is Erik Satie. Rest in peace you done marvels. gems dear Sir

:'(