Ensemble you have a certain degree of affection of the past on LP

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, March 05, 2020, 07:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

I don't know if , I've don't know if innovating or not, or it's been done, but what about  old LP you have sentimental values, to it, we love each other(person + LP) I.e or 'Christine' the novel\movie, ya know, by Stephen King.

So probably ''le petit ensemble de George Little''  two offering of this ensemble his from Montreal, the other recording was made in France, great just great, I had seen the might and power , these solid Vox LP are magic, given life in the early 60'' the sound is huge and there thick as hell, now that what I called a vinyls.

I have 3 release of this ensemble, my favorite is perhaps Gesualdo\azzaiolo Because it's pretty rare to find some of the other composer in analogue, and my copy mint, kept by serious collectors.Azzaiolo 'Villote del Fiore (b-side) is quality of excellent of execution Filippo Azzaiolo never sound so alive, whit this release and the Gesualdo is timeless...eight madrigals  so well done!!!
(Gesualdo fan buy this one), you will discover Azzailo talent's & skills as second based actor in Italian polyphony, but refine ,& greatly made.

I love this vinyl to death, this vinyl has become a part of me, what about it, sexy analogue logic & quantum physic, media quality , quality ensemble you get this gem.

Dufay Motets I like a bit less, but still it ''kick a** '', simply said.Franco-flemish appreciation society you need this one.

But were I felt in love whit this ensemble is there Monteverdi special works Lagrime D'amante al sepolcro dell'amata on one side  1 on b you get five piece ,,one of them a Lament*and madrigals.
1-Maledetto sia l'aspetto
2- Eri gia Tutta mia
3-Lamento D'Arianna*
4-Si dolce è il tormento
5-Phime ch'io cado

Very special record, love it very much... (buy this one)

Mandryka, Traverso, someone out here you'we heard this ensemble of George Little , that is le petit ensemble vocal de Montreal, direction George Little.

Fascinating & sensation stuff made in the past.

Mandryka

I've never heard anything from George Little's consort. The one I know is The Little Consort of Amsterdam, Walter Van Hauwe, Kees Boeke, Toyohiko Satoh, Frans Brüggen, I'm not sure who their singers were.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Biffo

Not sure how wide you want to spread your net. I still have great affection for David Munrow and the Early Music Consort of London. Moving outside Early Music I would mention the Melos Ensemble and, depending on how large you want to go, the Academy of St Martins in the Fields.

prémont

George Little's recordings were not available in my country. This was long before the internet made a lot of things easily available.

You seem mainly to think of Early Music ensembles. In the 1970es I enjoyed the most

Studio der Frühe Musik, München
Early Music Consort, London
Musica Reservata
Clemencic Consort
Ricercare Consort, Zürich

My main focus by then was on secular music.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: (: premont :) on March 06, 2020, 01:46:17 AM
George Little's recordings were not available in my country. This was long before the internet made a lot of things easily available.

You seem mainly to think of Early Music ensembles. In the 1970es I enjoyed the most

Studio der Frühe Musik, München
Early Music Consort, London
Musica Reservata
Clemencic Consort
Ricercare Consort, Zürich

My main focus by then was on secular music.

I acknowledge before internet , the distribution was more complicated, and I do like Studio fur fruhen Musik & Clemencic Consort, Musica Reseverta and Ricercar, consort of Zurich, these I was not aware of, it work both way, distribution before internet.

The main point were perhaps this was an Ensemble brewed in my hometown, kind of cool when thinking of it.Another one is '' La Capella Cordina'' of Elejandro planchart was great  put out great stuff.

geralmar

This EMI release had poor reviews; but it is important to me as memento of political history.  The next year, 1979, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, the last monarch of Iran, was overthrown and replaced by the Islamic Republic headed by Ruhollah Khomeini.  A cataclysmic event in post-war U.S. foreign policy.  I've always wondered the fates of the orchestra musicians.