Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched  (Read 2938335 times)

Offline vers la flamme

• Veteran member
Re: Last Movie You Watched
« Reply #31800 on: September 18, 2021, 07:23:34 AM »
I love Kar-Wai Wong. is one of my all time favourite films. I love how romantic it is and how it doesn't take itself too serious, as opposed to In the Mood for Love, for example that I also love for other reasons. Happy Together is another superb film.

Loved Happy Together, though it must have been almost 10 years now since I've seen it. Recently watched 2046 which I found very good, albeit quite bizarre. The only other WKW film I've seen is As Tears Go By. I find him an intriguing filmmaker and would love to see the others, but it can be a challenge convincing others to watch his films with me.

Offline TheGSMoeller

• Veteran member
  • Monkey Greg
« Reply #31801 on: September 18, 2021, 07:40:09 AM »
Loved Happy Together, though it must have been almost 10 years now since I've seen it. Recently watched 2046 which I found very good, albeit quite bizarre. The only other WKW film I've seen is As Tears Go By. I find him an intriguing filmmaker and would love to see the others, but it can be a challenge convincing others to watch his films with me.

You don't need others, just enjoy them alone   :) , I'm watching films by myself about 50% of the time, perhaps even more, and that includes going to the theater. I don't want that added anxiety of wondering if they are enjoying the film as much as I am.

Offline Fëanor

• Veteran member
  • Shostie fan
« Reply #31802 on: September 18, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »
Last evening I watch the 2011 production of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, starring Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, et al., directed by Tomas Alfredson.  Not bad, not great.

Actually, it's very disappointing compared to the superlative 1979 BBC production starring Alex Guinness, Ian Richardson, et al., directed by John Irvin.  Probably my all-time favourite TV mini-series.

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #31803 on: Today at 04:33:23 AM »
This is a fascinating documentary and many people's favorite. I liked it very much though it's not exactly my favorite doc ever made. But I can see why people find it so important. It's fascinating. I think the struggle here, political, social, moral, whatever it is, is one part of this and the other is the culture of the people - their music, way of speaking, etc. This is something to behold and maybe something mostly lost. I really wouldn't know what Kentucky is like these days. The most amazing part of this is the women. They're fearless, strong, funny, brave, crazy, etc. I guess there are a lot of "characters" here but it feels like the women steal the show.