The Back Room > The Diner

Coronavirus thread

(1/886) > >>

JBS:
It seems appropriate to have  a dedicated thread to COVID 19, given it's a worldwide event.
So here it is.

greg:
I just wanna work from home next week so I can play video games most of the day. Would be a blessing in disguise.

Que:

--- Quote from: greg on March 12, 2020, 07:44:49 PM ---I just wanna work from home next week so I can play video games most of the day. Would be a blessing in disguise.

--- End quote ---

Oh, you think the whole thing will be done in a week’s time? ::)
Not in a week, not in a month, and probably not not even in year’s time...
This virus is here to stay. Normality will only be restored when the larger part of the world population has developed a certain level of immune response, either through recovery after infection or through inocculation with a vaccine.
Estimations are that during this “first wave” of the epidemic 40-70% of the world population will get infected.

Q

greg:

--- Quote from: Que on March 12, 2020, 08:11:25 PM ---Oh, you think the whole thing will be done in a week’s time? ::)
Not in a week, not in a month, and probably not not even in year’s time...
This virus is here to stay. Normality will only be restored when the larger part of the world population has developed a certain level of immune response, either through recovery after infection or through inocculation with a vaccine.
Estimations are that during this “first wave” of the epidemic 40-70% of the world population will get infected.

Q

--- End quote ---
Forgot to add the word "starting" before "next week"...

Daverz:
I'm all set for my food supply, but I'm worried about water*.  All the advisories say to have 3 weeks of water stored.  Assuming conditions get so bad that the water supply is shut off or undrinkable, I only have enough containers here at home for about 10 gallons of water.   

* OK, I admit I'm worried about the beer supply as well. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version