The Back Room > The Diner

Coronavirus thread

<< < (4/1466) > >>

ritter:

--- Quote from: Jo498 on March 13, 2020, 01:32:49 AM ---A federal state like Germany has trouble getting 16 states and the federal goverment to take the same or similar measures, so I am pretty sure the EU will not be able to streamline measures and reactions.

--- End quote ---
Same here in Spain. Each autonomous region has the authority to act how it sees fit. Only yesterday did the Prime Minister step in and issue recommendations applicable to the whole country (now that the Madrid region is severly affected, and activity here is coming to an almost complete stanstill).

Rinaldo:
The aptly named "Stay the f*ck home" campaign is getting traction here in Czech Rep. Our government has shut down schools, gyms, concert halls and other public places + restaurants and bars must close after 8pm. I'm glad people are finally coming to their senses – Italy serves as a dire warning.

“Act as if you’re infected and don’t want to pass it on. Not as if you’re trying to avoid being infected” is the best piece of advice I've encountered so far.

71 dB:

--- Quote from: epicous on March 12, 2020, 09:14:42 PM ---Was this virus created in laboratories?

--- End quote ---

To my understanding the cause of this outbreak was inadequate hygieny regulations regarding live animal markets in China. Different animals are kept above each other in cages so that the animals below other animals are exposed to the feaces and viruses are transmitted. If China doesn't fix this, the World can expect a new pandemic every 10 years or so...  :-X

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: epicous on March 12, 2020, 09:14:42 PM ---Was this virus created in laboratories?

--- End quote ---

No, but certain conspiracy theorists are fond to think so.

k a rl h e nn i ng:
When Gov. Baker declared the state of emergency in Mass. on Tuesday, I decided that I would go out only for therapy and church. As a good precaution (most of our parishioners are no longer young people) the church leadership cancelled last night's choir rehearsal and Sunday's service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version