Author Topic: Coronavirus thread  (Read 126621 times)

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
Re: Coronavirus thread
« Reply #4180 on: April 06, 2021, 09:30:11 AM »
Yes Harry - she had flu-like symptoms/headache for a day or two. No reaction so far to jab No.2.
I felt slightly giddy and disorientated for a few minutes after my first jab, although my wife tells me that that is my normal state - but was otherwise fine.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline Daverz

• Veteran member
  • You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down!
« Reply #4181 on: April 07, 2021, 02:38:08 PM »
Just got my first jab of Pfizer.  I go back on May 5 for the second one.  I had to go to a Walgreens 15 miles away to find an appointment.  The Lyft driver on the way home was a chatty idiot who shared his theory about vaccines melting babies' brains.

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #4182 on: April 07, 2021, 05:21:28 PM »
Since it's now more than 48 hours since I got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, I think I can say the side effects were a repeat of those from the first dose:
Elevated temperature that night (not a fever but well above normal)
Chills for about 1/2 hour the next morning
Sore arm (still a bit sore)
Bad flare up of arthritis in my shoulder that took about 2 days to subside.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #4183 on: April 09, 2021, 05:58:46 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-europe-vaccines-idUSKBN2BW1MB

J&J COVID-19 vaccine under EU review over blood clots, AstraZeneca probe grows
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #4184 on: April 09, 2021, 06:03:24 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-europe-vaccines-idUSKBN2BW1MB

J&J COVID-19 vaccine under EU review over blood clots, AstraZeneca probe grows

Probably all vaccins have this rare side effect, still it is necessary for all getting the vaccin.
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #4185 on: April 09, 2021, 06:05:48 AM »
The side effects from my Zeneca jab, are still in effect, be it in a mild way. it is 4 days further on, but Flu like symptoms, slight headache, some what lower BP, feverish, though not much, body feels uncomfortable.

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #4186 on: April 09, 2021, 06:45:51 AM »
Probably all vaccins have this rare side effect, still it is necessary for all getting the vaccin.

Can we say anything a priori about the likely incidence of the unusual clots associated with AZ in the case of the second dose in a subject who didn't experience them on the first dose?

I have another question for the medics.

At the start of April the UK had reported  79 cases of rare clots in  20.2M doses, and Germany reported 31 cases of cerebral thrombosis, and had distributed 2.7M doses. What is the explanation for this disparity?

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n883
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mhra-issues-new-advice-concluding-a-possible-link-between-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-and-extremely-rare-unlikely-to-occur-blood-clots
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 07:02:36 AM by Mandryka »

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #4187 on: April 09, 2021, 06:49:07 AM »
My mother, 74 but quite fit, had no real side effects from her first Pfizer jab three days ago. A sister, 65, had quite massive side effects from it. A 3rd sister, 72, hasn't gotten the vaccine yet.

Due to the discussions, the AZ has been put on halt here in DK. But it's been promised, that people will be allowed to choose another, if they wish - of course, this might likely imply delays at the time.

According to current schedules, I'll be getting a first call in late April or in May, and a second call in late May or early June.
I don't know whether it's going to be Pfizer, J&J, Moderna, or AZ, that will be offered. There's hope things will go faster. On Monday, they plan to give vaccines to 100,000 people, that's close to 2% of the population, in a single day.

Now, a combination is also being discussed - say the first shot of AZ might be supplemented with a second shot of a different vaccine.
But it seems that there are no medical records for such a procedure ...  ???
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:38:17 AM by MusicTurner »

Offline DavidW

« Reply #4188 on: April 09, 2021, 07:23:24 AM »
Now, a combination is also being discussed - say the first shot of AZ might be supplemented with a second shot of a different vaccine.
But it seems that there are no medical records for such a procedure ...  ???

I thought you were not supposed to mix vaccines!

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #4189 on: April 09, 2021, 07:26:54 AM »

Yes, that was the story just a short time ago - as far as I remember, they skipped 15 mio J&J because of a mixing error ...

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #4190 on: April 09, 2021, 08:05:57 AM »
In the news now - German and Austrian scientists say that they have likely located the antibodies that create problems in a very few AZ cases - they're called PF4. It's probably going to make future vaccines easier.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-362354/v1
(News, in Danish https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2021-04-09-forskere-har-paa-rekordtid-gjort-banebrydende-blodprop-opdagelse )

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #4191 on: April 09, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »
In the news now - German and Austrian scientists say that they have likely located the antibodies that create problems in a very few AZ cases - they're called PF4. It's probably going to make future vaccines easier.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-362354/v1
(News, in Danish https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2021-04-09-forskere-har-paa-rekordtid-gjort-banebrydende-blodprop-opdagelse )
Good news MT. My wife does not seemed to have suffered any bad side-effects from the 2ndOxford AZ vaccine. She is just as bossy as usual  ;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #4192 on: April 09, 2021, 09:38:30 AM »
Good news MT. My wife does not seemed to have suffered any bad side-effects from the 2ndOxford AZ vaccine. She is just as bossy as usual  ;D

That's good news, for the first jab had some unpleasantness. :laugh:

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #4193 on: April 09, 2021, 10:03:31 AM »

;D

Online Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #4194 on: April 09, 2021, 10:20:34 AM »
Careful, Jeffrey, as she might occasionally check out what you are saying here!  :-\  ;)

Still waiting to get my shots....eventually!

PD

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #4195 on: April 09, 2021, 10:37:23 AM »
Prince Philip quote about reincarnating as a deadly virus to solve 'overpopulation' resurfaces

https://www.businessinsider.in/entertainment/news/prince-philip-quote-about-reincarnating-as-a-deadly-virus-to-solve-overpopulation-resurfaces/articleshow/81992882.cms

(This is the deadly virus thread isn’t it?)

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #4196 on: April 09, 2021, 10:38:33 AM »

I don’t think you are mixing them. I mean once you have the second dose all the AZ has been evacuated from your body.

Offline DavidW

« Reply #4197 on: April 09, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »
I don’t think you are mixing them. I mean once you have the second dose all the AZ has been evacuated from your body.

lol you're so literal! ;D  That is not what I meant.  I didn't think they were shaking up a cocktail.

Online Que

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4198 on: April 09, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
I really thought that I would end up getting the AstraZeneca vaccine... ::)

But the Dutch government has decided that the under-60s will no longer receive it.
Which will result in the akward situation that mostly those aged 60 -75 will have the AZ vaccine, since those over 75 already got Pfizer.

The reports on similar side effects on the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine are worrisome, since we need options to get everyone vaccinated.

Q
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:27:43 PM by Que »

Offline Daverz

• Veteran member
  • You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down!
« Reply #4199 on: April 09, 2021, 02:16:20 PM »
Only side effect of Pfizer dose 1 for me was a sore shoulder.  Oh, and autism, but my background level of dysfunction is so high that you can't tell.