Coronavirus thread

Started by JBS, March 12, 2020, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicTurner

Finally got the vaccine notice via mail, as an extra birthday present, a bit earlier than I'd expected lately ... will be having the first Pfizer jab on next Wednesday, the 19th of May, and the second Pfizer on June 25th. I'm also trying some daily waiting list for surplus vaccines, in case such an extra appointment option turns up.

Currently they think that the whole Danish population will have had vaccines in August, there's been some delays especially for younger people ...

Que

Vaccine production has been ramped up and the expectation is that the population of large parts of Europa will be vaccinated over summer.  Which might be a bit late for the vacation industry in Southern Europe. And the EU "vaccination passport" will only be ready some time in August. I'm expecting travel restrictions and some chaos in the summer season.

Mandryka

https://twitter.com/jamesward73/status/1393932001271554049?s=21

Some sobering modelling on the impact of the India variant B.1.617.2. 

Are there professional ethics objections to vaccinating teenagers, because they don't personally benefit?
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 11, 2021, 08:34:42 PM
Finally got the vaccine notice via mail, as an extra birthday present, a bit earlier than I'd expected lately ... will be having the first Pfizer jab on next Wednesday, the 19th of May, and the second Pfizer on June 25th. I'm also trying some daily waiting list for surplus vaccines, in case such an extra appointment option turns up.

Currently they think that the whole Danish population will have had vaccines in August, there's been some delays especially for younger people ...
Happy to hear that you will be getting your first shot soon!  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 16, 2021, 12:56:22 PM
Happy to hear that you will be getting your first shot soon!  :)

PD

Thank you, I'm looking forward to this.

Pohjolas Daughter

I had my second shot yesterday.  Felt fine though tired afterword; I suspect that was due to a busy day yesterday including getting up very early and working outside for a few hours.  Arm is very sore though (roughly in a softball-size area) were they jabbed me.  I had hoped to get more gardening done today but may give it a pass.

In any event, as I told a friend of mine, "In two weeks I'll be a human".  ;)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Congratulations! Some tiredness is quite often reported after the second shot, I think, but the exact reasons might vary individually, of course. Can't tell from a personal experience yet, of course, but am about to find out more about side-effects, if there will be any ...

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 17, 2021, 04:03:02 AM
Congratulations! Some tiredness is quite often reported after the second shot, I think, but the exact reasons might vary individually, of course. Can't tell from a personal experience yet, of course, but am about to find out more about side-effects, if there will be any ...
I don't know much about the Pfizer vaccine other than that it's a 2-doser.

I think that I was just tuckered out Sunday....between getting up between 4 and 5 (forget exactly when) and working out in the garden for several hours, etc. (and also no longer being a spring chicken  ;) ).

Arm is feeling much better today.  A tiny bit sore but not anything like what I was feeling yesterday!  This was the same reaction that I had the first time.  At least with the Moderna, they inject it into the muscle which is also why they tell you not to try and lift anything very heavy that day--so that you don't tear/damage the muscle further.

Best of luck to you!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Thank you, and good to hear that you're thoroughly improving, and quickly ... I plan to cycle down there to the injection place (about 11 km), but depending on what they recommend, I might take the train back afterwards, to avoid any biking, which will however be at a leisurely pace :)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 18, 2021, 03:21:50 AM

I think that I was just tuckered out Sunday....between getting up between 4 and 5 (forget exactly when) and working out in the garden for several hours, etc. (and also no longer being a spring chicken  ;) ).

Arm is feeling much better today.  A tiny bit sore but not anything like what I was feeling yesterday!  This was the same reaction that I had the first time.  At least with the Moderna, they inject it into the muscle which is also why they tell you not to try and lift anything very heavy that day--so that you don't tear/damage the muscle further.

Best of luck to you!

PD

Good!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Daverz

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 18, 2021, 03:21:50 AM

Oh, this reminds me that it's been more than 2 weeks since my second dose, so I am now "fully" vaccinated.

I'm probably still going to wear a mask in some public situations. 

Holden

My first jab is at 2:30 pm tomorrow. It's astrazeneca and I have confidence that I won't suffer any side affects. I let you all know how it goes.
Cheers

Holden

The new erato

Quote from: Holden on May 20, 2021, 11:17:20 PM
My first jab is at 2:30 pm tomorrow. It's astrazeneca and I have confidence that I won't suffer any side affects. I let you all know how it goes.
I'm happy for you. It will go well and as vaccinated, even with dose 1, life will be less complicated.

MusicTurner

Had no real side-effects of the 1st Pfizer two days ago.

They're now changing the rules here in DK, so that we get a 'corona pass', suitable for various circumstances, already two weeks after the 1st shot, not after the 2nd. Including for me.

Virus slightly increasing here due to the opening up. Very few fatalities.

Vaccination programme expected to be done in late summer.

There'll be a general EU pass from late June, the pass will be voted for on a summit in a couple of days. Details still hazy, though. Travelling probably easier etc.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Daverz on May 20, 2021, 09:24:01 PM
Oh, this reminds me that it's been more than 2 weeks since my second dose, so I am now "fully" vaccinated.

I'm probably still going to wear a mask in some public situations.
Congrats!  And, yes, last I heard anyway, they are still recommending masks in some situations (like when on public transport).

PD
Quote from: Holden on May 20, 2021, 11:17:20 PM

Hope all goes (went?) well.

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 21, 2021, 01:54:10 AM

Had no real side-effects of the 1st Pfizer two days ago.

They're now changing the rules here in DK, so that we get a 'corona pass', suitable for various circumstances, already two weeks after the 1st shot, not after the 2nd. Including for me.

Virus slightly increasing here due to the opening up. Very few fatalities.

Vaccination programme expected to be done in late summer.

There'll be a general EU pass from late June, the pass will be voted for on a summit in a couple of days. Details still hazy, though. Travelling probably easier etc.
Interesting!  I would have thought that you would get something only after the second shot though?  I received a card with the date and the name of the shot and where it was administered (as well as my name) that I received.  I'm wondering whether or not businesses will ask to look at it...at the moment, there are not any consistent rules.

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

It's because the effect is considered so good even after the 1st shot; I've read about 92%. That first pass is however only valid for 42 days, since you're expected to take the 2nd shot too, and then get a more long-lasting pass.

Almost everyone here have their passes on their phone; you also show some ID as well, for further verification. Everyone here has a social security number and an account at a digital ID system, where you can check, manage and present such information, use it to get medicine from all dealers, manage taxes, use bank accounts, contact doctors, etc. It's a more comprehensive system than in most countries, but simple to use, and there are strict rules on who's allowed to see what and when. You use several layers of codes to get access to your account, the last step is always a new code, say taken from a list of random numbers that you have received. But as for the pass, you can just keep a file or link on the phone.

They've made a special app too for the corona pass occasion.

I've used my passes (based on tests, valid only for a short time), at museums, accommodation & restaurants ... any traveling abroad is not something I'll embark on yet, I still consider it too risky; yet some regions within the EU are now not warned against any longer ...

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 21, 2021, 07:09:09 AM
It's because the effect is considered so good even after the 1st shot. I've read about 92%. That first pass is however only valid for 42 days, since you're expected to take the 2nd shot too, and then get a more long-lasting pass.

Almost everyone here have their passes on their phone; you also show some ID as well, for further verification. Everyone here has a social security number and an account at a digital ID system, where you can check, manage and present such information, use it to get medicine from all dealers, manage taxes, use bank accounts, contact doctors, etc. It's a more comprehensive system than in most countries, but simple to use, and there are strict rules on who's allowed to see what and when. You use several layers of codes to get accesd to your account, the last step is always a new code, say taken from a list of accidental numbers you receive.

They've made a special app too for the corona pass occasion.

I've used my passes (based on tests, valid only for a short time), at museums, accomodation & restaurants ... any traveling abroad is not something I'll embark on yet, I still consider it too risky; some regions within the EU are now not warned against any longer ...
Thank you for the info.  It's quite interesting to read how different countries are dealing with this (and their infrastructure and political and social systems and networks).  I should also take a photo of my card and keep it on my phone.  They are suggesting NOT to laminate them in case they suggest getting a booster shot in the future.  It's just a paper card though.  I keep it in my purse (too big for my wallet).  Perhaps I'll get a special pouch to protect it?  :-\

Have all of the places that you've visited within Denmark asked to see it consistently?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter