The Back Room > The Diner

Coronavirus thread

<< < (1388/1466) > >>

MusicTurner:
Following the talked-about, recent DK re-opening, numbers aren't really going down these days, and unfortunately, for the first time with several family members getting positive tests. But luckily, mild cases so far.

There is a wide-spread acceptance of the new, restriction-free situation, in spite of the mostly rising numbers. The stable, very few ICU-and ventilator-cases form the most positive thing to mention, besides the potential, longer-term immunity, due to the many vaccinations and infected. Hopefully, late February will see a slow-down.

Pohjolas Daughter:

--- Quote from: MusicTurner on February 09, 2022, 05:18:43 AM ---Following the talked-about, recent DK re-opening, numbers aren't really going down these days, and unfortunately, for the first time with several family members getting positive tests. But luckily, mild cases so far.

There is a wide-spread acceptance of the new, restriction-free situation, in spite of the mostly rising numbers. The stable, very few ICU-and ventilator-cases form the most positive thing to mention, besides the potential, longer-term immunity, due to the many vaccinations and infected. Hopefully, late February will see a slow-down.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for the updates; I hope that you and your family members stay healthy and don't have any bad and/or long-term issues with it.

PD

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 09, 2022, 11:22:54 AM ---Thank you for the updates; I hope that you and your family members stay healthy and don't have any bad and/or long-term issues with it.

PD

--- End quote ---

A warm + 1

k a rl h e nn i ng:
Fauci says U.S. exiting ‘full-blown’ pandemic; 500,000 deaths globally since omicron

By Amy Cheng, Annabelle Timsit and Brittany Shammas
Today at 3:59 a.m. EST| Updated today at 9:39 a.m. EST

The United States is exiting “the full-blown pandemic phase” of the coronavirus crisis, Anthony S. Fauci, President Biden’s top medical adviser, told the Financial Times. World Health Organization officials said half a million covid-19 deaths have been tallied around the globe since the omicron variant was first detected in November.

Fauci said decisions on coronavirus restrictions will be increasingly made on a local level, “as we get out of the full-blown pandemic phase of covid-19, which we are certainly heading out of,” Fauci told the newspaper. “There will also be more people making their own decisions on how they want to deal with the virus.”

In the United States, covid cases declined 44 percent in the past week compared with the previous seven days, according to a Washington Post tracker, and hospitalizations related to covid-19 also declined over the same period. However, the seven-day average of deaths during the omicron surge has reached 2,600 in recent days, the highest level the country has seen in a year.

Worldwide, coronavirus deaths rose for the fifth consecutive week, with the 68,000 fatalities reported last week representing a 7 percent jump from the previous week. About 100,000 of the global deaths since omicron was detected have occurred in the United States, WHO incident manager Abdi Mahamud said Tuesday in an online Q&A session. He called the death toll “tragic” in a country with a plentiful supply of effective vaccines.

Pohjolas Daughter:
Wonder what our *Canadian members can share regarding the truckers' strikes and blockades in Ottawa and elsewhere along the Canadian-US border?  From what I've read or heard, for example, there are a number of right-wingers who have traveled long distances to add their voices and protest--though not always about what the truck drivers are protesting (having to be vaccinated in order to do their jobs).

*or others who live close to the border and/or been impacted by the strikes

PD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version