The Back Room > The Diner

Coronavirus thread

<< < (1389/1482) > >>

MusicTurner:

--- Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 09, 2022, 11:22:54 AM ---Thank you for the updates; I hope that you and your family members stay healthy and don't have any bad and/or long-term issues with it.

PD

--- End quote ---

Thank you, so far good, though there's a lot of potential infections here ... :)

MusicTurner:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 09, 2022, 11:30:51 AM ---A warm + 1

--- End quote ---

Thank you, that's kind of you.

(: premont :):

--- Quote from: MusicTurner on February 09, 2022, 05:18:43 AM ---Following the talked-about, recent DK re-opening, numbers aren't really going down these days, and unfortunately, for the first time with several family members getting positive tests. But luckily, mild cases so far.

--- End quote ---
With the actual official policy this is unavoidable. Hope for their speedy recovery.

krummholz:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 09, 2022, 11:30:51 AM ---A warm + 1

--- End quote ---

And an equally warm +2.

krummholz:

--- Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 10, 2022, 12:48:57 AM ---Wonder what our *Canadian members can share regarding the truckers' strikes and blockades in Ottawa and elsewhere along the Canadian-US border?  From what I've read or heard, for example, there are a number of right-wingers who have traveled long distances to add their voices and protest--though not always about what the truck drivers are protesting (having to be vaccinated in order to do their jobs).

*or others who live close to the border and/or been impacted by the strikes

PD

--- End quote ---

I'm sure this is major news in Detroit, my hometown, since the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor, ON is absolutely at a standstill because of this, last I heard. And the news yesterday was that the Blue Water Bridge between Port Huron, MI and Sarnia, ON is similarly snarled. I can't give any local perspective as I no longer live in that area, but I've been paying close attention to that news for obvious reasons. I could see the Ambassador Bridge from the roof of the building where I worked for many years. This is all very sad and disturbing to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version