The Back Room > The Diner

Coronavirus thread

<< < (1453/1466) > >>

Biffo:
Slightly off topic - I had my third Covid jab several months ago but yesterday I had a Shingles jab. No idea why I was invited unless it is going to be the next epidemic/pandemic.

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: Biffo on May 21, 2022, 07:14:04 AM ---Slightly off topic - I had my third Covid jab several months ago but yesterday I had a Shingles jab. No idea why I was invited unless it is going to be the next epidemic/pandemic.

--- End quote ---

May just have been time.

drogulus:

Moderna’s omicron-combo booster outcompetes current booster

There's still much uncertainty about a fall booster campaign—including what boosters will be offered and to whom. It's also still unclear if SARS-CoV-2 will become a seasonal virus. But, given the continued waves of variants and subvariants, along with waning immunity from current vaccines and boosters, vaccine makers, regulators, and experts have broadly accepted the idea of a fall booster campaign for this year.

MusicTurner:
Omicron BA5 variant on the rise here in DK, also meaning a general rise, earlier than expected.

So far, an oncoming extra boost is only planned for those with a very reduced immune system (which wouldn't include me, since I only have relatively mild asthma).

The corona subject has been downgraded a lot in the press here however, so one has to do extra research to be better updated internationally (which I don't these days).

k a rl h e nn i ng:
Covid is making flu and other common viruses act in unfamiliar ways

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version