Coronavirus thread

Started by JBS, March 12, 2020, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 03, 2020, 09:16:59 PM
^I'm not seeing any news out of Montreal this week about gang violence - hispanic or otherwise. Is there something you could link to?

Mister SimonNZ not all news are reported it depend if you live in a trashy part of town , and it's not me having problem of any sort but my friend paranoia over seeing too much ms 13 or ms 18 in his neighborhood and perhaps the facts his bike got stolen, he blame them for this...

As for me I haven't no problem I mind my own buziness that it,  I mention this because he freaking out...I'm not, perhaps I did panic because of him in turmoil his neighborhood though now...

André

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 03, 2020, 09:16:59 PM
^I'm not seeing any news out of Montreal this week about gang violence - hispanic or otherwise. Is there something you could link to?

I think our friend lives in an alternative world. Today's Montreal Gazette: https://montrealgazette.com/. Not a word about that kind of thing. I should know, being a montrealer myself.

Kaga2

Kaga2

Carlo Gesualdo

I leave you all whit a positive  note to the tread, use eye's protector for insomniac reverse way do a knot in one of the cord for size BAM you got an ideal mask for protection against COVID 19  IT'S DOUBLE TISSUE and confortable for warm weather, Lysol it sometime once or twice a week for sanity & safety of course, I'm not there to judge, we won't miss masks In canada that way whit these additional masks but legit not a gangster masks quite normal looking you can breed and it block you nose  you can also talk whiteout problem. I got this at a local Jean Coutu(local Pharmacy whit the glasse's, purpose of intervention saving life protecting lives.

drogulus

Chinese families should be sweeping graves now. But thousands still haven't buried their dead.

Using photos posted online, social media sleuths have estimated that Wuhan funeral homes have returned 3,500 urns a day since March 23. That would imply a death toll in Wuhan of about 42,000 — or 16 times the official number. Another widely shared calculation from Radio Free Asia, based on Wuhan's 84 furnaces running nonstop and each cremation taking an hour, put the death toll at 46,800.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

premont

Quote from: Rinaldo on April 02, 2020, 01:54:04 PM
Hopeful news from Denmark: Researchers in Denmark are starting to test a promising drug in #covid19 patients, barely a month after research appeared showing the drug could stop the virus in cell culture.

This is a drug, made some years ago in Japan, for the treatment of heartburn and pancreatitis. Its name is Camostat Mesylate. The investigators in Aarhus think they will have a usable answer about whether it can be used against SARS Co-Vi 2 or not in three months.

In Danish here:
https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2020-03-26-to-danske-forskere-haaber-paa-corona-gennembrud-hvis-alt-gaar-vel-kan-vi-teste-i
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Pohjolas Daughter

Anyone here tried to make their own masks yet?
Pohjolas Daughter

André

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 04, 2020, 11:11:03 AM

My wife is making them. Same model as the surgical ones, with an inside slit allowing to insert a filter (coffee filter, towel paper, swiffer sheet). Embroidered initials added to avoid confusion  ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: André on April 04, 2020, 11:19:12 AM
My wife is making them. Same model as the surgical ones, with an inside slit allowing to insert a filter (coffee filter, towel paper, swiffer sheet). Embroidered initials added to avoid confusion  ;D
Neat! Metal nose piece included or not?
Pohjolas Daughter

André

No, fabric only. This is home made stuff, after all  ;).

Gurn Blanston

It's one thing to make your own masks, but there is a value in not getting TOO artistic...

;D 
8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: André on April 04, 2020, 11:38:03 AM
No, fabric only. This is home made stuff, after all  ;).
I was guessing not!   ;) It did cross my brain though if I could make something like that with what I had at home.
Pohjolas Daughter

Kaga2

If you wear a mask treat it as a danger. If it has done anything useful then it has virus on it. Don't touch the working surface. Be careful where it goes. Wash or dispose.

Ratliff

Quote from: Kaga2 on April 04, 2020, 11:50:18 AM
If you wear a mask treat it as a danger. If it has done anything useful then it has virus on it. Don't touch the working surface. Be careful where it goes. Wash or dispose.

Yes, a mask thoughtlessly used might do more harm than good. Probably the best thing an improvised mask does is remind you not to touch your face, and remind others to maintain their social distance.

In my town I saw a hippie type walking down the Main Street singing while wearing a retro-looking gas mask with two metal filter canisters. Looked like it was designed for mustard gas.

SimonNZ

Bring back those 17th century beak masks, I say.

Kaga2

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 04, 2020, 12:17:24 PM
Bring back those 17th century beak masks, I say.
6 ft beaks.

Although if we each wear one, maybe a 3ft beak might do.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Kaga2 on April 04, 2020, 12:25:00 PM
6 ft beaks.

Although if we each wear one, maybe a 3ft beak might do.

+1 on that. "Know me by my beak".  :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

j winter

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 04, 2020, 11:11:03 AM

My wife has also started cranking out masks just this morning, for our family and a few local friends.

For the past 25+ years, my wife has made the same Christmas present for both my father-in-law and me -- each year she makes us each 3 pairs of boxer shorts, in the craziest, loudest, most amusing fabric she can find.  She has lots of bits of the fabric left over, so we are gettting a wild assortment of masks -- superheroes, Dr. Who, race cars, bright paisley, etc.....

This also allows me to occasionally drop in casual conversation the true fact that I haven't bought a pair of underwear in over a quarter of a century, which does get me some odd looks...   :laugh:
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice