Coronavirus thread

Started by JBS, March 12, 2020, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandryka

Bruno Moderna? Or aceto balsamico?
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

71 dB

Quote from: DavidW on March 04, 2021, 08:33:40 AM
I am vaccinated!  Pharmacy a town over was taking walk ins. I had the Moderna. I need to go in a month to receive the second.

Congratulations!  0:)

It has been looking like my turn is in July/August, but now they say Finland will be getting vaccines in bigger deliveries starting April so that non-risk groups could get vaccined 1-2 months sooner.

As of writing this, about 8 % have gotten the first dose and less than 2 % the second dose. The situation is getting worse fast because of the UK variant. Looks like lockdowns and even curfews.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

DavidW

Good news on the former, sad on the latter 71.  Our numbers (infection rates, deaths, percent positive, ICU and other hospitalization) have been in great decline here in SC.

71 dB

Quote from: DavidW on March 04, 2021, 12:19:05 PM
Good news on the former, sad on the latter 71.  Our numbers (infection rates, deaths, percent positive, ICU and other hospitalization) have been in great decline here in SC.

Yes, I know the numbers are coming down in the US.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

vandermolen

Quote from: DavidW on March 04, 2021, 08:33:40 AM
I am vaccinated!  Pharmacy a town over was taking walk ins. I had the Moderna. I need to go in a month to receive the second.
Excellent!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Quote from: 71 dB on March 04, 2021, 11:49:48 AM
Congratulations!  0:)

It has been looking like my turn is in July/August, but now they say Finland will be getting vaccines in bigger deliveries starting April so that non-risk groups could get vaccined 1-2 months sooner.

As of writing this, about 8 % have gotten the first dose and less than 2 % the second dose. The situation is getting worse fast because of the UK variant. Looks like lockdowns and even curfews.
Am sorry to hear that.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Papy Oli

Got the 1st vaccine dose yesterday (Astra Zeneca), much earlier than expected but won't complain. Seamless & thorough process at our local health centre.

Expected and light but noticeable side effects so far: light fever a couple of hours later yesterday, quite a sore injected arm since last night (not helping that I slept on it either!), still a bit achy and feverish overall this morning.

Nothing that an easy Sunday and some Debussy shouldn't cure  :)
Olivier

vandermolen

Quote from: Papy Oli on March 07, 2021, 01:18:34 AM
Got the 1st vaccine dose yesterday (Astra Zeneca), much earlier than expected but won't complain. Seamless & thorough process at our local health centre.

Expected and light but noticeable side effects so far: light fever a couple of hours later yesterday, quite a sore injected arm since last night (not helping that I slept on it either!), still a bit achy and feverish overall this morning.

My wife had those type of symptoms for a day or two Olivier - great that you have had the vaccine.

Biffo

I had those symptoms back in October when I had my flu vaccination, I had no symptoms when I had my first AZ vaccination a few weeks ago but we have been warned the second dose might have side-effects.

Hope all continues to go well with you.

MusicTurner

Big congrats from here too!

prémont

To day I got my first shot with Pfizer vaccine.
Second shot planned to March 31.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Stürmisch Bewegt

I get the jab Tuesday AM, the second date to be confirmed upon the first innoculation...
Leben heißt nicht zu warten, bis der Sturm vorbeizieht, sondern lernen, im Regen zu tanzen.

Mandryka

Quote from: (: premont :) on March 07, 2021, 11:37:00 AM

Hope you're pfeeling pfine.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

MusicTurner

Quote from: (: premont :) on March 07, 2021, 11:37:00 AM

Congratulations, heard that things could be slow in Jutland ...

prémont

Quote from: Mandryka on March 07, 2021, 11:18:31 PM
Hope you're pfeeling pfine.

Thanks, No problems so pfar (20 hours after the shot).
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

prémont

Quote from: MusicTurner on March 07, 2021, 11:24:18 PM
Congratulations, heard that things could be slow in Jutland ...

Yes. things are happening somewhat slowly here, but I have been allocated to group 5 (Selected persons with conditions and diseases which entail a particularly increased risk of a serious course of COVID-19.), and this is why I was vaccinated earlier than my peers are going to be.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

springrite

I got mine in early October (second dose in late October), which made for a calm and peaceful winter, no nerves.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Harry

Quote from: (: premont :) on March 07, 2021, 11:44:33 PM
Yes. things are happening somewhat slowly here, but I have been allocated to group 5 (Selected persons with conditions and diseases which entail a particularly increased risk of a serious course of COVID-19.), and this is why I was vaccinated earlier than my peers are going to be.

Thats good to hear my friend.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

vandermolen

vandermolen

Quote from: Stürmisch Bewegt on March 07, 2021, 12:05:02 PM
I get the jab Tuesday AM, the second date to be confirmed upon the first innoculation...
Good news!