Coronavirus thread

Started by JBS, March 12, 2020, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 16, 2021, 07:51:57 AM
Well, my perseverance finally paid off!  I'm scheduled to get round one of the vaccine soon.   :)

PD

Excellent, PD!

My system has taken Dose # 2 in stride.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 17, 2021, 07:57:58 AM
Excellent, PD!

My system has taken Dose # 2 in stride.
Good deal!  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

pjme

I had my first AstraZeneca yesterday. The (test & )vaccination center was incredibly busy with hundreds of 65+ citizens getting in line, waiting before and after the jab. An unusual and somehow unsettling spectacle....
It feels good, though.

Karl Henning

Quote from: pjme on April 17, 2021, 01:38:28 PM
I had my first AstraZeneca yesterday. The (test & )vaccination center was incredibly busy with hundreds of 65+ citizens getting in line, waiting before and after the jab. An unusual and somehow unsettling spectacle....
It feels good, though.

Very good!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 16, 2021, 07:51:57 AM
Well, my perseverance finally paid off!  I'm scheduled to get round one of the vaccine soon.   :)

PD

Excellent.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Pohjolas Daughter

It feels good, though.
I'm glad that you received your first shot.  Surprised though that they had all of these people lined up.  Were there no appointments set up?  Or just that it was at a huge place?

Quote from: Irons on April 18, 2021, 06:47:11 AM
Excellent.
Had it today I'm happy to report.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

As I mentioned, I had my first shot yesterday (Moderna).  Didn't notice any side effects yesterday but this morning I awoke to finding that my shoulder was pretty sore.  A bit of a challenge to work out in the garden.  Hopefully, it will go away soon.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 19, 2021, 11:25:46 AM
As I mentioned, I had my first shot yesterday (Moderna).  Didn't notice any side effects yesterday but this morning I awoke to finding that my shoulder was pretty sore.  A bit of a challenge to work out in the garden.  Hopefully, it will go away soon.

PD

Here's hoping!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

vandermolen

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 19, 2021, 11:27:17 AM
Here's hoping!
+1

Sky News today:
COVID news live: Latest as Boris Johnson to hold coronavirus press conference today and new research offers more vitamin D evidence
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

It feels good, though.
Good news  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

Just had my first AstraZeneca vaccine today. Round two is slated to be in about four months.

pjme

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 18, 2021, 12:32:29 PM
I'm glad that you received your first shot.  Surprised though that they had all of these people lined up.  Were there no appointments set up?  Or just that it was at a huge place
PD

It is huge, but the organization was good. Plenty of stewards & help:

vandermolen

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 20, 2021, 08:34:55 AM
Just had my first AstraZeneca vaccine today. Round two is slated to be in about four months.
Excellent! That is good news. My wife has had both shots (Oxford/AZ) but I'm waiting for No.2

Karl Henning

Very good, mon cher!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

"Graham is one of about 6,000 unlucky people in the United States who were fully vaccinated against the coronavirus but have been diagnosed with what epidemiologists call "breakthrough cases." These infections are rare and entirely expected; the three vaccines cleared for emergency use provided robust protection in clinical trials, but they aren't perfect."

It's rare and expected, but some fully vaccinated people are catching COVID-19
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Pohjolas Daughter

Four months!  That sounds like an awfully long time.  Glad that you received your first one though.

Quote from: pjme on April 20, 2021, 10:07:11 PM
It is huge, but the organization was good. Plenty of stewards & help:

Glad that it was well-organized.  Was it just a case of first-come-first-served until they ran out of doses?  Here, as far as I've heard lately, it's all by appointment--even for the large mass vaccination sites.

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

André

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 21, 2021, 10:32:02 AM
Four months!  That sounds like an awfully long time.  Glad that you received your first one though.

Here too it's 4 months  ::). I got the first shot April 2, the next one will be July 23.

Brahmsian

Quote from: André on April 21, 2021, 10:51:15 AM
Here too it's 4 months  ::). I got the first shot April 2, the next one will be July 23.

Yes, Canada has not been as quick and efficient with its vaccination rollout.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: André on April 21, 2021, 10:51:15 AM

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 21, 2021, 01:49:44 PM
Yes, Canada has not been as quick and efficient with its vaccination rollout.
A bit confused here and maybe it's a case of two different issues, but is the delay in the second shot due to the specific vaccine?  In any event, I do hope that Canada has managed to figure out things now and and has a plan in place?

PD

Wow. I just read this article.  I hadn't realized that Canada was so far behind (your comments made me look further).  A bit of good news here:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56824177  In any event, I'm so sorry that its been hard for Canadians to get the vaccine.  Wishing you the best.
Pohjolas Daughter

The new erato

To give as many people as possible the protection of the first shot before fulle vaccinating them.