Coronavirus thread

Started by JBS, March 12, 2020, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicTurner

Also, the virus seems to target younger people increasingly, and new information regarding long-term effects (a survey presented in Nature these days) tells of those as being much too underestimated until now, even among those very mildly affected - that being another reason for more comprehensive vaccine programs in the future.

Pohjolas Daughter

And, think about this:  by their line of thinking, if (and hopefully they have) the parents received their covid shots, then they could have already (in some way or another) negatively impacted their own child's health.  ::) Oh, brother!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: ultralinear on April 29, 2021, 06:04:43 AM
Had 2nd AZ jab yesterday. No noticeable effects.
Huzzah!  :)

By the way, I like your Beaker avatar.  Do you work in the sciences?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: ultralinear on April 29, 2021, 08:24:02 AM
No, it was more the uncannily similar appearance. ;)
:laugh: Well, 'he' is cute!  ;)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Holden

Went to my GP yesterday and during the visit he said "Do you know you are eligible for a Covid Shot?" Apparently I qualify on two grounds. First, I had a triple bypass in 2013 and secondly I was treated for prostate cancer in 2019.

I'm booked in for jab 1 on May 22.
Cheers

Holden

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Holden on April 29, 2021, 01:11:40 PM
Went to my GP yesterday and during the visit he said "Do you know you are eligible for a Covid Shot?" Apparently I qualify on two grounds. First, I had a triple bypass in 2013 and secondly I was treated for prostate cancer in 2019.

I'm booked in for jab 1 on May 22.
Wow!  So sorry to hear of your health issues!  Hope that you're in much better health now?  In any event, hope that all goes smoothly!  My second jab is coming up in a few weeks.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

T. D.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56922517

A Kenyan doctor who became a vociferous opponent of the Covid-19 vaccine has succumbed to the virus, weeks after saying the jab was "totally unnecessary".

Dr Stephen Karanja, chairman of the Kenya Catholic Doctors Association, advocated steam inhalation and hydroxychloroquine tablets.

André

Quote from: T. D. on April 30, 2021, 11:59:24 AM

A Kenyan doctor who became a vociferous opponent of the Covid-19 vaccine has succumbed to the virus, weeks after saying the jab was "totally unnecessary".

Dr Stephen Karanja, chairman of the Kenya Catholic Doctors Association, advocated steam inhalation and hydroxychloroquine tablets.

He seems to have been against a number of different things. Strange that these kooks' obsessions develop in clusters... ::)

Mandryka

I suppose it's only a matter of time for what we're seeing in India now happens in Africa.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

greg

If you're around sick people all day, it's probably a good idea. Weird for a doctor to lack that kind of insight.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

vandermolen

Had my second jab (Oxford/AZ) at 8.10 this morning. I felt a bit spaced-out and dopey for a few minutes afterwards (but, as I've mentioned before, my wife tells me that that is my normal state) and was not allowed to drive for 15 minutes. Feel fine now.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Harry

Quote from: vandermolen on May 01, 2021, 12:42:13 AM
Had my second jab (Oxford/AZ) at 8.10 this morning. I felt a bit spaced-out and dopey for a few minutes afterwards (but, as I've mentioned before, my wife tells me that that is my normal state) and was not allowed to drive for 15 minutes. Feel fine now.

I am happy to hear that Jeffrey, I will get mine in 7 weeks.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

71 dB

That's good Jeffrey!  $:)

They are starting to vaccinate 50-54 years olds in Helsinki soon. Starting next Monday this age group can reserve appointments. So, my turn is coming...
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

vandermolen

Thank you Harry and 71 dB
Your turns soon  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Holden

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 30, 2021, 03:57:13 AM
Wow!  So sorry to hear of your health issues!  Hope that you're in much better health now?  In any event, hope that all goes smoothly!  My second jab is coming up in a few weeks.

PD

Thanks for your kind words. My cancer is in remission (PSA levels now below 1) and while I know that my heart issues will return I now know what to look out for.

I'm confident about the Astrazeneca jab doing the job and I'll leave the second shot longer than recommended. To be blunt, I've never worried about Covid 19 affecting me and for all I know I might have had it already and was asymptomatic.
Cheers

Holden

The new erato

Up for my 2nd Pfizer shot in 2 weeks. My 5 years younger wife is 1 week after me in the schedule. 756 Covid deaths in  Norway so far, I think we will mange to stay under 800 total.

Karl Henning

One wonders how many members of the Kenya Catholic Doctors Association may likewise be mere quacks.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Excellent!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

71 dB

I'm getting my first jab next Saturday, May 8 at 12:50 pm.

Quote from: The new erato on May 02, 2021, 12:36:29 AM
Up for my 2nd Pfizer shot in 2 weeks. My 5 years younger wife is 1 week after me in the schedule.

Nice.  0:)

Quote from: The new erato on May 02, 2021, 12:36:29 AM
756 Covid deaths in  Norway so far, I think we will manage to stay under 800 total.

914 deaths in Finland.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

MusicTurner

Denmark is now probably the most restrictive country in the world as regards vaccines. In spite of the very small amount of registered problems, the J&J (8 mio doses had been ordered) was abolished today, and the AZ was already out since long, though now with the option for people to choose those two voluntarily, from some time in May. Only Pfizer and Moderna officially approved.

As a result, further delays. For me personally, apparently a vaccine before July 1st now. Can't say I enjoy waiting. I'll probably stick to the offcially approved ones, since the others might-might result in some problems with local vaccine passes etc. (??).

Situation here still stable in spite of the partial opening up. DK approaching 2500 fatalities, but now only 0 to 4 per day. That's a main reason for the vaccine abolishings. Sweden, who has seen no economical benefits compared to the other Nordic countries, is past 14,000 fatalities. I won't be going there at least until mid-2022.

BTW, experts pointing to that only an effective global vaccination programme will be able to finish the pandemic and virus spreading. So far, 86% of vaccines have been distributed to countries with a relatively high standard of living.