Coronavirus thread

Started by JBS, March 12, 2020, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicTurner

Quote from: 71 dB on May 02, 2021, 10:09:18 PM
I'm getting my first jab next Saturday, May 8 at 12:50 pm.

Nice.  0:)

914 deaths in Finland.

Congrats from here, that's nice.

71 dB

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 03, 2021, 08:21:10 AM
Congrats from here, that's nice.

Thanks! I assume you refer to my first jab rather than the 915 (today's updated figure) deaths... 0:)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 03, 2021, 08:09:02 AM
Denmark is now probably the most restrictive country in the world as regards vaccines. In spite of the very small amount of registered problems, the J&J (8 mio doses had been ordered) was abolished today, and the AZ was already out since long, though now with the option for people to choose those two voluntarily, from some time in May. Only Pfizer and Moderna officially approved.

As a result, further delays. For me personally, apparently a vaccine before July 1st now. Can't say I enjoy waiting. I'll probably stick to the offcially approved ones, since the others might-might result in some problems with local vaccine passes etc. (??).

Situation here still stable in spite of the partial opening up. DK approaching 2500 fatalities, but now only 0 to 4 per day. That's a main reason for the vaccine abolishings. Sweden, who has seen no economical benefits compared to the other Nordic countries, is past 14,000 fatalities. I won't be going there at least until mid-2022.

BTW, experts pointing to that only a effective global vaccinination programme will be able to finish the pandemic and virus spreading. So far, 86% of vaccines have been distributed to countries with a relatively high standard of living.
So sorry to hear of the delays in getting vaccinated in Denmark.  I'm due to get my second shot on or around the 15th of this month (Moderna).

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Quote from: 71 dB on May 02, 2021, 10:09:18 PM
I'm getting my first jab next Saturday, May 8 at 12:50 pm.

Nice.  0:)

914 deaths in Finland.

Poju, did you check your PMs?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

71 dB

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 03, 2021, 12:21:03 PM
Poju, did you check your PMs?

Yes, thank you Karl. As I wrote in the "zoom" thread I have never zoomed...

GioCar

Had my first jab (Pfizer) this morning at 10:30. No side effects so far.
I'll get the second one in 3 weeks.
8) 

Karl Henning

Quote from: GioCar on May 06, 2021, 05:17:01 AM
8) 

Very good.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Daverz

Quote from: GioCar on May 06, 2021, 05:17:01 AM
8)

I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday.  So far the only physical side effect is a sore arm.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Daverz on May 06, 2021, 04:20:13 PM
I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday.  So far the only physical side effect is a sore arm.

Very good!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

GioCar

Quote from: Daverz on May 06, 2021, 04:20:13 PM

The same for me. I spent last night with a sore arm, now it's almost over.

MusicTurner

Quote from: GioCar on May 07, 2021, 02:37:09 AM
The same for me. I spent last night with a sore arm, now it's almost over.

Congratulations with the vaccine done!

GioCar

71 dB

Just got my first jab of Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty. So far so good... ...I feel maybe a little burning in the arm, but it is very mild (an hour after the jab). I also feel a little "dizzy" maybe? We'll see what happens in the next 48 hours or so... ...the second jab will be July 31st (Finland uses 3 months between jabs strategy).

prémont

Quote from: 71 dB on May 08, 2021, 02:45:09 AM
Just got my first jab of Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty. So far so good... ...I feel maybe a little burning in the arm, but it is very mild (an hour after the jab). I also feel a little "dizzy" maybe? We'll see what happens in the next 48 hours or so... ...the second jab will be July 31st (Finland uses 3 months between jabs strategy).

I suppose it's only otherwise healthy people, who can wait that long.

BTW congrats with the first jab.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

71 dB

Quote from: (: premont :) on May 08, 2021, 06:30:42 AM
I suppose it's only otherwise healthy people, who can wait that long.

BTW congrats with the first jab.  :)

Thanks!  0:)

Well, the risks groups and elderly people have been almost completely vaccinated. My father, 82, gets his 2nd jab next week (3 months after the first one in February. Now they started giving vaccines to 50-54 year olds (I'm 50) and next week 45-49 (my sister is 46) and so on.

The 3 months between jabs strategy was chosen, because in the beginning (January-March) there was lack of vaccines so pushing the 2nd jab further in to the future made it possible to give more people their first jab, which already gives pretty good protection against serious illness caused by Covid-19. Now we are getting more vaccines, but the strategy is ongoing. About 34 % of Finns have got the first jab, but less than 4 % the 2nd one, althou the amount of the 2nd jabs will accelerate now that elderly people are getting their 2nd jab and so on... ...70 % coverage in the first jab is estimated to give proper group immunity* and with current rate it will be reached by mid July.

* Assuming variants that can counter the vaccines do not emerge.

Alek Hidell

I got my first dose (Pfizer) near the end of February, though I had to drive to a town two hours away to get it. My second shot, in mid-March, was about an hour away. ::)

But I was happy to get them. My wife is high-risk (she has severe asthma), and her parents live with us and of course at their ages (he's 82, she's 80) they're also high-risk. We've all been fully vaccinated now.

I was fortunate to experience no side effects from the shots at all, other than a slightly sore arm for a couple of days.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

SimonNZ

First Pfizer jab a few hours ago.

Which is jumping the queue a bit here, as we are still finishing all front line workers, at risk persons and not long started on the more general elderly population. But there's been a pop-up vaccination sit go up across the street from my work and at the end of each day if they've got vials they need to use up they've been coming over and taking as many of us as needed and I was part of today's muster.

Holden

Quote from: SimonNZ on May 10, 2021, 10:47:56 PM

Which is jumping the queue a bit here, as we are still finishing all front line workers, at risk persons and not long started on the more general elderly population. But there's been a pop-up vaccination sit go up across the street from my work and at the end of each day if they've got vials they need to use up they've been coming over and taking as many of us as needed and I was part of today's muster.

That sounds like initiative - something missing in so many ways today. Pleased to see it in operation.
Cheers

Holden

GioCar

Quote from: SimonNZ on May 10, 2021, 10:47:56 PM

Very good Simon!

We have something similar which has been proving to be quite effective, particularly in the south of the country. There many people are refusing to take AZ (people cannot choose before, you know which vaccin on the spot, just after  the medical anamnesis) so many AZ doses are available at the end of the day and other people can take advantage of that. Some small town are setting up a sort of "vaccine day" for all who want to anticipate their vaccination. Some are successful, some less, but generally speaking it works.