Coronavirus thread

Started by JBS, March 12, 2020, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 20, 2022, 07:21:43 PM
Both of my parents have COVID as they tested positive today. Thankfully, both have been vaccinated (but dad is due for his booster next month and mom needs to get hers, ASAP). I believe I had COVID earlier in the month (not too long after New Year's) and I obviously gave it to them. I took the COVID test when I got home from work tonight and tested negative. Anyway, it's that pesky Omicron variant that's been going around --- I had chest congestion, back ache, low-grade fever and a sore throat (not to mention a cough, but it wasn't as severe as the muscle aches I experienced). Please wish us well as this is the last thing we need in our lives.
Best wishes for you and your family, John! Hoping the disease takes the mild form (as is thankfully the case with the vast majority of infections these days).

Un abrazo fuerte desde Madrid,

Rafael

premont

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Karl Henning

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on January 20, 2022, 07:54:11 PM
My prayer for your parents, John. The back pain and muscle pain sound like Omicron. Glad you recovered quickly. Since your parents are vaccinated, they will recover soon. Hope they will get well ASAP.

+ 3 or 4
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

6 Czech players test positive before Olympic training camp — 9:40 a.m.
By The Associated Press

Six players on the Czech Republic's Olympic hockey team have tested positive for the coronavirus, national team coach Filip Pešán said Friday.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 20, 2022, 07:21:43 PM
Both of my parents have COVID as they tested positive today.

I heard that Melatonin may partially reduce the severity and duration of Covid infection. Though I am not sure of the validity of this hypothesis, probably it won't have an adversarial effect at least. You may want to research on the subject.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 21, 2022, 06:38:58 AM
6 Czech players test positive before Olympic training camp — 9:40 a.m.
By The Associated Press

Six players on the Czech Republic's Olympic hockey team have tested positive for the coronavirus, national team coach Filip Pešán said Friday.
That stinks!  Poor team!

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on January 21, 2022, 06:41:25 AM

I heard that Melatonin may partially reduce the severity and duration of Covid infection. Though I am not sure of the validity of this hypothesis, probably it won't have an adversarial effect at least. You may want to research on the subject.
Interesting!  Do you recall where you heard/read that?  If nothing else, it might help you get a better night's sleep = better healing by the body (vs. tossing and turning...though if one has a high fever and aches, even that might not help you to sleep better.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

American Airlines plane turns around mid-flight over mask row 

150 unruly passengers in the last two weeks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60080080

Mirror Image

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on January 20, 2022, 07:54:11 PM
My prayer for your parents, John. The back pain and muscle pain sound like Omicron. Glad you recovered quickly. Since your parents are vaccinated, they will recover soon. Hope they will get well ASAP.

Quote from: Madiel on January 20, 2022, 10:24:40 PM
Sorry to hear. Hopefully the vaccination will help minimise the impacts - there's good evidence that it improves the course of the infection even when it doesn't prevent it.  All the very best wishes for your parents.

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 20, 2022, 11:49:03 PM
+1 from here.

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 21, 2022, 12:03:14 AM
Wishing you all good health!

PD

Quote from: Florestan on January 21, 2022, 01:02:34 AM
+ 1

Quote from: ritter on January 21, 2022, 01:52:55 AM
Best wishes for you and your family, John! Hoping the disease takes the mild form (as is thankfully the case with the vast majority of infections these days).

Un abrazo fuerte desde Madrid,

Rafael

Quote from: (: premont :) on January 21, 2022, 03:14:24 AM
+ 2

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 21, 2022, 06:14:07 AM
+ 3 or 4

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate it.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on January 21, 2022, 06:52:29 AM
American Airlines plane turns around mid-flight over mask row 

150 unruly passengers in the last two weeks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60080080
I read that earlier this morning.  All it takes is one stubborn and unruly passenger to screw it up for everyone else!  Urgh!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 21, 2022, 07:01:30 AM
I read that earlier this morning.  All it takes is one stubborn and unruly passenger to screw it up for everyone else!  Urgh!

PD

SCOTUS is not better!

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 21, 2022, 06:44:03 AM

Interesting!  Do you recall where you heard/read that?  If nothing else, it might help you get a better night's sleep = better healing by the body (vs. tossing and turning...though if one has a high fever and aches, even that might not help you to sleep better.

PD

I read a few academic and science articles. Again, I am not definitely sure about the statistical validity (who would be?).

André

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your parents, John.

My son called 2 days ago to say he had tested positive, one day after receiving his booster shot - obviously the protection doesn't kick in instantly. He has a sore throat, headaches and general fatigue. He's very upset as he's been extra careful all the time and works from home. He did that one day trekking excursion and got a lift from a friend. They were not wearing masks for the ride back in the car... ::)

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on January 21, 2022, 07:12:08 AM

My son called 2 days ago to say he had tested positive, one day after receiving his booster shot - obviously the protection doesn't kick in instantly. He has a sore throat, headaches and general fatigue. He's very upset as he's been extra careful all the time and works from home. He did that one day trekking excursion and got a lift from a friend. They were not wearing masks for the ride back in the car... ::)

Thanks, Andre and hope your son gets better. People seem to be having a huge problem following health guidelines and, thus, resulting in more and more cases being reported. What people need to understand is there's no finger-wagging involved if health officials ask that you please wear a mask and maintain social distancing. We can get on with our lives, but precautions must be made.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Andre, your son is in my prayers. It appears that he had been infected/contacted BEFORE the booster shot. I tend to think that it was fortunate that he had a booster, which would significantly reduce the severity of the infection and enhances the recovery. Hope he will get well soon. My prayers.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on January 21, 2022, 07:08:25 AM
SCOTUS is not better!
Not following your earlier comment here.   Not certain what you were referring to.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

André

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on January 21, 2022, 07:54:25 AM
Andre, your son is in my prayers. It appears that he had been infected/contacted BEFORE the booster shot. I tend to think that it was fortunate that he had a booster, which would significantly reduce the severity of the infection and enhances the recovery. Hope he will get well soon. My prayers.

Thanks Brett !

My feeling too is that the booster shot will help him not develop severe symptoms. One of my daughters caught it last year, it was probably the Delta. She was hit rather hard but recovered normally.

ritter

I wish your son a speedy recovery, André!

Amitiés,

Rafael

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on January 21, 2022, 10:23:35 AM
I wish your son a speedy recovery, André!

Amitiés,

Rafael

Moi aussi!
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Pohjolas Daughter

One day trekking excursion?  By that do you mean that they went for a long hike together or that he just gave him a lift to a trail and then picked him up later?  Just curious.

Regardless, I am very sorry to hear that he has Covid and hope that he gets better soon.

Has his friend been tested?  I hope that he or she is o.k. too.

All the best,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

André

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 21, 2022, 11:03:28 AM
One day trekking excursion?  By that do you mean that they went for a long hike together or that he just gave him a lift to a trail and then picked him up later?  Just curious.

Regardless, I am very sorry to hear that he has Covid and hope that he gets better soon.

Has his friend been tested?  I hope that he or she is o.k. too.

All the best,

PD

No, it was just a lift back home, about 75 km ride. The excursion itself was a small group, well distanced and of course en plein air - no chance of catching a virus. It's the car ride: closed space, 45 mins, no mask...

Florestan

Quote from: André on January 21, 2022, 11:07:03 AM
No, it was just a lift back home, about 75 km ride. The excursion itself was a small group, well distanced and of course en plein air - no chance of catching a virus. It's the car ride: closed space, 45 mins, no mask...

That's most probably how I and my wife caught it in late February 2021: we visited a monastery 2 hrs away from Bucharest and on our way back we took in our car two ladies who were living in the nearest city, about 45 mins, no mask anyone of us.

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini