Photography At Home

Started by steve ridgway, March 22, 2020, 05:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on May 22, 2020, 03:39:44 AM
That is the bird bath in my back garden. It actually gets quite a lot of use from my avian friends. I must set my tripod up somehow to get some bathing birds from my window but logistically that is not very practical. I will investigate further.
Excellent Fergus. Our bird bath gets visits as well from avian friends. Our cat prefers to drink from it rather than from his water bowl.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on May 22, 2020, 09:52:21 AM
Excellent Fergus. Our bird bath gets visits as well from avian friends. Our cat prefers to drink from it rather than from his water bowl.

A feline drinking avian infused water - it makes purrfect sense to me Jeffrey  ;D

aligreto

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 08, 2020, 12:31:23 PM
Nice. I had to look up Belleek, it looks good, supposedly they seem to stick to mainly white/beige + green colours ... there was even a guy here in DK selling an item on a second-hand website, dba.dk

My Owl is my favourite piece in my small Belleek collection. These are my illustrative shots of it that I took over the weekend....

aligreto

This is an interpretative shot of my Owl. It is not how I necessarily see him. He is really my friend. Everything is not always as you see it or as it is presented to you....

Pohjolas Daughter

I love your owl vase...very cool!   8) :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

aligreto

I was looking to do something creative with beer bottle caps. I did not succeed.
I do not drink beer, honestly.
Perhaps I should try something with wine corks.  ;D

MusicTurner

I think it's quite nice with the light/shadow play.

Don't know if a tower structure in close-up could be fun somehow. I don't have any.

aligreto

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 26, 2020, 01:54:28 AM
I think it's quite nice with the light/shadow play.

Don't know if a tower structure in close-up could be fun somehow. I don't have any.

Cheers. My imagination could get nothing from the tower structure because the caps were too dark. As you have noticed I was after the contrast between the light and dark. Perhaps with lighter coloured caps the tower may have worked. I will have to encourage the beer drinker in the family to get some  ;D

aligreto

I was happier with this one....

Irons

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

steve ridgway

Papy Oli

Very good one Lol. There are a few more on the Twitter feed that did not appear in the article :

Olivier

aligreto

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 17, 2020, 07:42:12 AM
Very good one Lol. There are a few more on the Twitter feed that did not appear in the article :

Super!

Todd

Crocosmia.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

steve ridgway

Quote from: Todd on July 18, 2020, 02:10:06 PM
Crocosmia.

Nice. They're beautiful flowers, we've got some in flower at the moment.

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 17, 2020, 07:42:12 AM

Olivier, the first is my favourite. Pic 1 could be from a horror movie and pic 2 from a blue movie. ;)
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on May 26, 2020, 01:50:27 AM
I was looking to do something creative with beer bottle caps. I did not succeed.
I do not drink beer, honestly.
Perhaps I should try something with wine corks.  ;D
I had some friends who, years ago, fashioned a kind of a cork board out of corks from their favorite wine bottles.  Somehow or another they wired it together and use it to hold various keys and key chains.   ;D

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Herman

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 07, 2020, 08:33:52 PM
And they used to proof read ::).

they still do. I'm proof reading a book this week, and the week before.