Photography At Home

Started by steve ridgway, March 22, 2020, 05:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

Just in or going out?

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

pjme

I've sung the praises of Stephan Vanfleteren before.
Vimeo has a few short films (with subtitles) that illustrate a recent show in Antwerp;
https://vimeo.com/406138107

Mahlerian

"l do not consider my music as atonal, but rather as non-tonal. I feel the unity of all keys. Atonal music by modern composers admits of no key at all, no feeling of any definite center." - Arnold Schoenberg

aligreto

Quote from: aligreto on May 13, 2020, 01:40:14 AM

I rarely do this but I just thought that the original of the image below would serve as a good comparison as the relative merits of each image came up for discussion in our house.

aligreto

Quote from: JBS on May 13, 2020, 06:48:50 AM
Sentry duty?

It is actually a parasol so it really was trying to escape into the sunshine outside  ;D

aligreto

Quote from: pjme on May 13, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
I've sung the praises of Stephan Vanfleteren before.
Vimeo has a few short films (with subtitles) that illustrate a recent show in Antwerp;
https://vimeo.com/406138107

Wonderful photography. I watched all of them. Thank you for posting.

steve ridgway

Quote from: aligreto on May 14, 2020, 02:29:03 AM
I rarely do this but I just thought that the original of the image below would serve as a good comparison as the relative merits of each image came up for discussion in our house.

I think black and white looks better, the colours clash somewhat.

aligreto

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 14, 2020, 03:15:49 AM

I prefer the monochrome myself. I think that it lends a sense of atmosphere to the image. That is the way that I perceived it anyway.

JBS

Quote from: aligreto on May 14, 2020, 03:40:46 AM
I prefer the monochrome myself. I think that it lends a sense of atmosphere to the image. That is the way that I perceived it anyway.
Quote from: steve ridgway on May 14, 2020, 03:15:49 AM

Agree with both of you. The actual colors of the parasol give it a very different feel, and draw the eye rather strongly to the parasol instead of letting it be just one element of the whole. And in the b+w, the reflection becomes a ghost.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

prémont

Quote from: aligreto on May 14, 2020, 03:40:46 AM

Obviously, you were aiming to show the geometric lines of this "still life". The B / W highlights the lines, whereas the colors that don't even match each other require too much attention IMO, so B / W gets three stars from me.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

aligreto

I know that this one was one of my "lost" images recently. There is one other one which I also remember now and will dig it out and post later.

If anyone has "lost" an image please try to post it again to keep this fine thread going   :)

Ratliff

Grrr! I'll be up all night typing in all of my pithy comments again.  ;D

aligreto

This is the other one that I had posted prior to the crash [I think that is all of them now]....

aligreto

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on May 21, 2020, 05:37:20 AM
Grrr! I'll be up all night typing in all of my pithy comments again.  ;D

Never pithy at all so please do and do also post a photo or two  :)

aligreto

This one is a new one taken in my back garden [so still at home]....

aligreto

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on May 21, 2020, 07:06:52 AM
This is the other one that I had posted prior to the crash [I think that is all of them now]....
Very nice Fergus.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on May 22, 2020, 02:39:59 AM
Very nice Fergus.

That is the bird bath in my back garden. It actually gets quite a lot of use from my avian friends. I must set my tripod up somehow to get some bathing birds from my window but logistically that is not very practical. I will investigate further.