Hello from Portugal

Started by marcospt, April 05, 2020, 02:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcospt

Hello there!

I have to divide a lot of my listening time with Jazz and Alternative Rock so plenty to discover in classical. I focused heavily on pianist work so now I'm trying to discover symphonic/orchestral works that, err, strike a chord with me :-)

I'm more interested in 19th and 20th century, I'm sorry but I really don't like Mozart and most of the classical period.

Hope to learn and share something also!

steve ridgway

Welcome to the forum :). I've been more into generally alternative rock but have come via "classical" electronic and musique concrete to discover a few 20th century composers I really like.

Que

ritter

Bem vindo, Marcos.

I hope you enjoy it here on GMG.

Regards from Madrid,

Papy Oli

Olivier

david johnson

vandermolen

Welcome from me too.
Your compatriot Joly Braga Santos is one of my favourite composers.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Greetings from the US!

Hope that you feel welcome here.

Best wishes,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Christo

Quote from: vandermolen on April 10, 2020, 12:07:46 AM
Welcome from me too.
Your compatriot Joly Braga Santos is one of my favourite composers.
+1, +1  ;D
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!