Same Old San Antone

Started by Old San Antone, April 24, 2020, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old San Antone

After more than 8,000 posts, a large number of which were in threads I no longer wish to follow and not wishing to attempt to delete them all so that those threads won't show up when I check "Show new replies to your posts," I decided to just re-register.

Still the same old me, San Antone; I just wanted to let everyone know in order to avoid any confusion when I begin posting now as "Old San Antone."

8)

Que

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

ritter

Welcome back..it seems as if you'd been away for only a day. Tempus fugit!

Symphonic Addict

You'r very odd. I think of you're as a like bit less-spoilt JMI. Yes, a  more mature impression. 8000. 04. 02. 24  8)

Welcome back, by the way.  $:)
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

vers la flamme

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on April 24, 2020, 02:29:18 PM
You'r very odd. I think of you're as a like bit less-spoilt JMI. Yes, a  more mature impression. 8000. 04. 02. 24  8)

Welcome back, by the way.  $:)

Hey, didn't you do the same thing a few months ago?  ;D

Welcome back SA.

JBS

It feels like you've never been gone.... :P

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

mc ukrneal

I'm pretty sure I've seen that painting recently. Can't quite place it....welcome back, sort of! :)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Mirror Image

Welcome back???  :-\

I don't really understand your reasoning for deactivating your old account just because you reached the 8,000 post mark. This is rather peculiar.

The new erato

Quote from: mc ukrneal on April 24, 2020, 03:47:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen that painting recently. Can't quite place it....welcome back, sort of! :)
Hopper, Nighthawks (in case you weren't only coy). I've seen the original. Great fan of Hopper. Very few could paint whites (as in colors) like he did.

Jo498

Shouldn't the new name rather be "New San Antone"?
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

j winter

Just wanted to point out that for the past two days, in my head the name of this thread is being sung by Aerosmith, to the tune of "Same Old Song & Dance."

That is all.
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Mirror Image

Imagine if every time I reach 8,000 posts, I created a new account. I'd be New New New New New Mirror Image at this point. :D

Irons

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 27, 2020, 11:12:24 AM
Imagine if every time I reach 8,000 posts, I created a new account. I'd be New New New New New Mirror Image at this point. :D

On reflection you are right. :)
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.