Greetings from Louisiana

Started by stephen_pomes, May 05, 2020, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen_pomes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Steve.  I'm a professional librarian, and I've had a longstanding interest in classical music for over 40 years. 

Some of my favorite composers include Tchaikovsky, Bartok, Beethoven, Schoenberg, Webern, Berg, Haieff, Waxman, Herrmann, Rozsa, Bach, and Rachmaninoff.

I look forward to discussing various composers and their works.

Steve

SergeCpp

Hello, Steve!

I was a librarian in some small period of my life at end of 80s.
There is a strangeness in simple things.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: stephen_pomes on May 05, 2020, 06:47:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Steve.  I'm a professional librarian, and I've had a longstanding interest in classical music
for over 40 years. 

Some of my favorite composers include Tchaikovsky, Bartok, Beethoven, Schoenberg, Webern, Berg, Haieff, Waxman, Herrmann, Rozsa, Bach, and Rachmaninoff.

Steve

Welcome, Steve. Hope you enjoy it here, you will have a lot of company discussing that lot of composers!

Best regards,
Gurn  8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Pohjolas Daughter

Lovely to have you here!  And thank you for being a librarian...a high-five to you! ;)  :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about music, etc.   :)
Pohjolas Daughter

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

André

Good to see you registering, Steve.

Waxman, Herrmann, Rosza (and many others) : make sure to check the film music thread !

Karl Henning

Hi Everyone,

My name is Steve.  I'm a professional librarian, and I've had a longstanding interest in classical music for over 40 years. 

Steve

Welcome, Steve! Great sheaf of composers there; This week, I was talking to a friend of mine in Binghamton about Herrmann's score to the Twilight Zone episode, "Walking Distance," and listening to vintage Doráti recordings of Bartók!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

j winter

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Mirror Image

Hi Everyone,

Steve

Welcome aboard, Steve! Great list of composers that you're into --- we have several in common. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Papy Oli

Olivier

TMHeimer

Hello and welcome aboard. I was a librarian for two orchestras in the '70s. Can be a thankless job at times.
The Most Advanced Clarinet Book
tomheimer.ampbk.com/
austinmacauley.com/author/heimer-tom
(click on book image, PDF samples)
Boreal Ballad for unaccompanied clarinet solo
(Sheet Music Plus)

bhodges

Hey, Steve, another former library worker here -- we need you guys!

Anyway, welcome, and hope you enjoy yourself.

--Bruce

Biffo

Welcome, a bit belatedly, to the forum - hope you are enjoying it.

DaveF

Even more belated welcome, and interesting to see all the librarians declaring themselves - here's another one (although sadly not at the moment).  And I'm certainly with you in a love of Bartók, Bach and the Second Viennese school.  Do post again!
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DaveF on June 06, 2020, 12:34:10 AM
Even more belated welcome, and interesting to see all the librarians declaring themselves - here's another one (although sadly not at the moment).  And I'm certainly with you in a love of Bartók, Bach and the Second Viennese school.  Do post again!
Yeah for librarians!  We appreciate your knowledge and skills and kindness and patience!   :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter