Started by Carlo Gesualdo, May 06, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

VonStupp

Quote from: Operafreak on December 14, 2022, 06:25:53 AM

Love the art on this cover! I think I have seen it used a couple of times on recordings.

I am an absolute neophyte of visual art, but I love the foreground/background images with the tree and cross offset to the right, contrasted with the angular snowy ground and rocks.

VS
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Ganondorf

The absolutely superb cover art by Hans Wild for Solti's legendary Der Ring des Nibelungen recording:

Solti's recordings of other Wagner operas also have magnificent cover art (Parsifal's, for example) but I'm not sure if they were made by Hans Wild too. I assume not because he died in -69 and some of those opera recordings were made way later (unless they were not originally meant for those recordings or something like that).

Symphonic Addict

These cover arts from Dacapo featuring Langgaard's works for violin and piano look quite eye-catching to me:

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

JBS

Their covers for his string quartets, too.

The full set

The three original individual CDs

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Symphonic Addict

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: JBS on January 03, 2023, 07:19:57 PMTheir covers for his string quartets, too.

The full set

The three original individual CDs

Some of these look more abstract yet rather attractive as well.

Noam Chomsky

Irons

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on January 04, 2023, 12:49:11 PM

That cover would strongly tempt me to purchase. Which of course is the object of the exercise.

BTW any good?
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

JBS

Quote from: Irons on January 04, 2023, 11:28:32 PMThat cover would strongly tempt me to purchase. Which of course is the object of the exercise.

BTW any good?

It's very good.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Irons on January 04, 2023, 11:28:32 PMThat cover would strongly tempt me to purchase. Which of course is the object of the exercise.

BTW any good?
I found the recording of the Viola Concerto here:

Back to shifting around a chunk of my CD collection...running out of room!  Am doing a tiny bit of culling while at it.  I did (sadly) cull some of my cookbook collection and moved some of my cooking magazines to make more room for it already.  :(  The mixed-blessing of having "stuff"!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Symphonic Addict

BTW any good?

If you're into reflective, pensive, wistful stuff, then you could enjoy it.

Noam Chomsky

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 05, 2023, 08:02:29 AMI found the recording of the Viola Concerto here:

Back to shifting around a chunk of my CD collection...running out of room!  Am doing a tiny bit of culling while at it.  I did (sadly) cull some of my cookbook collection and moved some of my cooking magazines to make more room for it already.  :(  The mixed-blessing of having "stuff"!

PD

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on January 05, 2023, 10:31:12 AMIf you're into reflective, pensive, wistful stuff, then you could enjoy it.

Yes, listened to the work on YT yesterday which is beyond interesting.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

j winter

Not terribly relevant to Bach, but I like what I like...  ;D

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

KevinP

Not sure if 'best looking,' but certainly a well-executed, very cool concept.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Symphonic Addict

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Noam Chomsky

KevinP

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on January 25, 2023, 06:07:37 PM

Overall, I agree it's nice (the other two as well), but the placement of that bike...