Best looking CD/LP for sleeve & artwork

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, May 06, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicTurner

steve ridgway

springrite

Quote from: MusicTurner on March 20, 2021, 12:58:31 PM
Gains some attention, at least ;D :
I can also see a "Segerstam Reads Karl Marx" CD coming!!!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

MusicTurner

Quote from: springrite on March 24, 2021, 05:03:58 PM
I can also see a "Segerstam Reads Karl Marx" CD coming!!!

Yeah, his very looks could even pretty much function as a financial asset, should he want to retire to a less busy life in the future  ... ;D .

71 dB

Quote from: geralmar on March 22, 2021, 02:27:51 PM

This is how to deal with the label logo color: You use it elsewhere for something important and relevant (SIBELIUS here). Texts are easy to read on the dark sky. Well done cover art.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

steve ridgway

I don't think Pierre Henry recorded an album based on cutting up a violin with a saw, but then I'm not familiar with all his output. :-\

MusicTurner

Quote from: steve ridgway on March 25, 2021, 10:27:07 AM
I don't think Pierre Henry recorded an album based on cutting up a violin with a saw, but then I'm not familiar with all his output. :-\

Georgy Dorokhov's 'Concertino' (2010) is a work where the soloist destroys a violin with a saw, a drilling machine and a hammer, accompanied by shouting etc. But it's much later than this cover ...

71 dB

Quote from: MusicTurner on March 25, 2021, 10:36:37 AM
Georgy Dorokhov's 'Concertino' (2010) is a work where the soloist destroys a violin with a saw, a drilling machine and a hammer, accompanied by shouting etc. But it's much later than this cover ...

I guess that works isn't performed often with a Stradivarius...  ;D
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Florestan

Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

steve ridgway

steve ridgway

Carlo Gesualdo

How about this 555 pages Book+ Box-set three CD's

LE ROYAUME OUBLIÉ  :P

One of the prettiest looking art-work sleeve, this is HESPERION XII so
this is predictable in term of quality and it sounds awesome too...

steve ridgway

Fantastic lampshade but I wonder who'd have it in their bedroom. :-\

pjme

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 06, 2021, 09:33:25 AM
Fantastic lampshade but I wonder who'd have it in their bedroom. :-\

...who'd have it in their bedroom: a desperate, clueless, uninspired designer with a headache...

steve ridgway

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Part II. Vandermolen posted this disc at the MarcoPolo thread, and I like the art.

Stürmisch Bewegt

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on April 15, 2021, 07:29:46 AM
The cover art I like.

I do love Naïve covers! Bold, challenging and fun, even if they've little or no relation to the music they enclose (in point of fact, how many covers actually do, besides images of composer or performer/s?).   
Leben heißt nicht zu warten, bis der Sturm vorbeizieht, sondern lernen, im Regen zu tanzen.

Stürmisch Bewegt

John Martinez did some of my all-time favorite cover designs for the Clemens Krauss Ring des Niebelungen set.  His work is held by the Library of Congress, among other institutions.  Edit: oh, and the recordings are equally great!   8)

Leben heißt nicht zu warten, bis der Sturm vorbeizieht, sondern lernen, im Regen zu tanzen.

Irons

Come across this at a charity shop last week.

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

vandermolen

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on April 15, 2021, 07:32:05 AM
Part II. Vandermolen posted this disc at the MarcoPolo thread, and I like the art.
Me too DBK - It's my favourite of those Marco Polo NYM covers, although they are all good.

One of my favourite CD covers:

And a favourite LP cover:

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).