Best looking CD/LP for sleeve & artwork

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, May 06, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: KevinP on January 26, 2023, 03:26:27 PMOverall, I agree it's nice (the other two as well), but the placement of that bike...

;D
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: KevinP on January 26, 2023, 03:26:27 PMOverall, I agree it's nice (the other two as well), but the placement of that bike...

Yes I like the work, and others, by Fernand Leger.

KevinP

Not someone I'm familiar with actually, but a quick search shows much worth exploring.

ritter

Quote from: KevinP on January 28, 2023, 11:52:25 PMNot someone I'm familiar with actually, but a quick search shows much worth exploring.
This might be of interest to you, then.

https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,25936.msg1433482.html#msg1433482

Regards,

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Irons

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

71 dB

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

I like the cover art (and music).

Quote from: aligreto on February 05, 2023, 05:21:25 AMSchoenberg: Verklärte Nacht [Prometheus Ensemble]

I find this to be a terrific presentation and arrangement. It is very intimate and emotion laden. It is also wonderfully conversational in nature. There is also great tension to be felt throughout.

Peter Power Pop

pjme

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on February 04, 2023, 10:35:16 AM

the (very unknown ...) painter is Roger Chapelain-Midy (1904-1992)
Title of the painting : Symphonie d'été
It is at La Piscine, musée d'Art et d'Industrie André Diligent in Roubaix.

La piscine Roubaix

Roger Chapelain-Midy

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: pjme on February 06, 2023, 04:51:50 AMthe (very unknown ...) painter is Roger Chapelain-Midy (1904-1992)
Title of the painting : Symphonie d'été
It is at La Piscine, musée d'Art et d'Industrie André Diligent in Roubaix.

La piscine Roubaix

Roger Chapelain-Midy

Wonderful! I couldn't find the work on Google.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Irons

I think Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra could have a "Best Looking" thread all of it's own. There are so many!
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Irons

Quote from: Irons on February 08, 2023, 07:04:50 AMI think Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra could have a "Best Looking" thread all of it's own. There are so many!

JBS

CPO has a very high batting average in cover art.

This particular work is by Józef Czapski: Lsniaca chmura [Shining Cloud, from 1981.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Irons

Never mind the artwork, a great recording.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: Irons on February 08, 2023, 07:04:50 AMI think Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra could have a "Best Looking" thread all of it's own. There are so many!

I must agree!
The last one is not Concerto for Orchestra.

KevinP

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on February 10, 2023, 08:08:40 AMI must agree!
The last one is not Concerto for Orchestra.

The Dorati cover doesn't do much for me; however, I really like the Naxos and think it's hurt by the Naxos design, i.e., occupying less than half of a CD cover. If I had that painting as a full-sized LP cover, I might hang it on my wall.

(Not sure it actually says, 'Bartok' to me, but that's another matter.)

Anybody know the painter?