USA Politics

Started by Que, June 09, 2020, 10:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingdutchman

And here we see in Todd and Dowder the true cancel culturists.  What I can't imagine in this community is that there are actually those here that support Trump. I can't imagine people with an ounce of grey matter supporting Trump, but obviously Dowder, greg, and Todd have proven me wrong.

flyingdutchman

Oh Dowder, it only pisses me off to see a charlatan like Trump to have actually been allowed to continue his corrupt practices and for people like you to swallow his corruption whole, but then that's why we have a complicit Senate who, regardless of obvious evidence, acquitted him last January.

And since when was it EVER normal for a president to separate Democrat and Republican cities and states and openly disparage Democratic cities and states? WHEN?  Normal presidents view the US as a united whole. Donald is simply Jefferson Davis reincarnated. He's separated and divided us figuratively and actually, and made it a matter which has led us to the brink of a civil war.

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

JBS

It might be a wise idea for the moderators to lock this thread for the next 48 hours or so.

I don't remember GMG members insulting each other with such abandon at any time before now.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Herman

Quote from: Christabel on November 02, 2020, 01:06:26 PM
The irony is that I do lots of wide reading (books etc.) and they (except for one or two) do practically none!!  You couldn't, for example, tell any of them that there's been a huge historical body count for regimes which were committed to 'fairness, social justice and equity'.

funny you mention it, the US body count (now) is 230.000

Herman

Quote from: flyingdutchman on November 02, 2020, 04:36:08 PM
And here we see in Todd and Dowder the true cancel culturists.  What I can't imagine in this community is that there are actually those here that support Trump. I can't imagine people with an ounce of grey matter supporting Trump, but obviously Dowder, greg, and Todd have proven me wrong.

"Stick it to the Libs," is a very strong impulse.

Todd

Quote from: JBS on November 02, 2020, 05:32:17 PMIt might be a wise idea for the moderators to lock this thread for the next 48 hours or so.

But then members will not be able to revel in the electoral success of the savior of democracy, or lament the death of the republic, whichever the case may be.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Karl Henning

Quote from: Herman on November 02, 2020, 05:57:06 PM
"Stick it to the Libs," is a very strong impulse.

Pathetic!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

milk

I haven't listened to Sam Harris in a long time but I couldn't resist the temptation today to try, "the key to trump's appeal" - which Harris claims to have just figured out. I thought it was interesting. Why do people like trump, not in spite of his personality but because of it? Since he has no virtues personally, not honesty, integrity, wisdom, loyalty, discipline, kindness, generosity, etc., why do people embrace him? Since he's not really persuasive, why are so many people persuaded? Harris thinks it's because he can't possibly communicate sanctimony. Whatever else he is, he's not better than you and can never express that sentiment. He's truly a safe space for human sin and gore, and that, itself, is somehow comforting. Maybe it makes some sense.

flyingdutchman

Well, as many in the Lincoln Project have pointed out, the only way for the GOP to redeem themselves is to repudiate Trumpism.

bhodges

We'll let things be for the time being.

I urge all US citizens to exercise their right to vote tomorrow, and in the meantime, remember that this is a classical music board. The moderators do look at posters' stats, and how often they post on music, versus other subjects. If your primary reason for being here is to discuss politics, another board may be a better choice.

--Bruce