pretiest polyphony not most sophisticate but pretty Thomas Crécquillon!

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, June 19, 2020, 06:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

I testify anything I heard from Crécquillon sacred work especially and secular is wonderful to my ears, he a great mister, sir Crécquillon is one of the finest knife in drawer, I'm blown away by  church of the advance rendition...

Carlo Gesualdo

Okay I decided to go on whit this tread because  I firmly and affirmatively believe, he is in french I would says '' un compositeur phare, qui nous guide vers la lumiere l'essence même du milieux de la polyphonie du royaume de Bourgonde''.

Let's translate this in English, he is one of the lighthouse key composer of kingdom of Burgundy, I love every songs & instrumental Créquillon music I heard so far, I have him  in download, LP, CD , like his signature a lot is blue print refined ink of choice, a genius of a composer of 16th century, in other word he an essential composer not to be miss, he shine in his on pallets of color in sounds, his music is made of best wool of a sheep..Please contribute to this post thee knowledge, the audiophiles, the musicologists, the passionate of renaissance of Burgundy of 16th century.

I hope I'm not alone worshiping his genius and skills of this Franco-Flemish master of Béthume  of northern France, I like him just as much as Gombert, Vaet , Willaert, Rore and of course Lassus..

Thanks for reading hope you enjoy this intervention of mine, now show me you're favorite Crécquillon Albums CD or LP and downloads too.

Iota

Thomas Crécquillon is always a name that makes me prick up my ears. I first became aware of him on the Egwidius Kwartet, Leiden Choirbooks cd (Vol 4). His contributions on that disc stood out for me.
Ever since then his name has stuck and I've often enjoyed his music on multi-composer albums, but your post is a good reminder that I should really look into him in more detail than I have so far.

This is the disc I mentioned. Very worth listening to!