Composer doppelganger or nemesis of Theutonic giants

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, June 22, 2020, 03:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

While in J..s Bach time , did J,s Bach had rival just has talented, but lesser know , J.s bach nemesis , just as: refined  articulated , sophisticaly crafted masterpieces , spurt same ink signature of genious.

What about Brahms another era did he had nemesis or doppelganger same  might composer and were at best friends at worst enemie's, my question is whom had the same level of talent at same era in Germans composer of major impact in music, rivalry or friendship?

vers la flamme

In the case of J.S. Bach, there was G.P. Telemann, who was enormously popular and extremely prolific, having written in all the same genres as Bach. I'm not even sure if I would call it a rivalry, because Bach couldn't hold a candle to Telemann in his time in terms of popularity. Of course, this has all changed in the years since. There are few who would rate Telemann higher than Bach today, but those people do exist.

71 dB

Quote from: vers la flamme on June 24, 2020, 02:11:15 AM
In the case of J.S. Bach, there was G.P. Telemann, who was enormously popular and extremely prolific, having written in all the same genres as Bach. I'm not even sure if I would call it a rivalry, because Bach couldn't hold a candle to Telemann in his time in terms of popularity. Of course, this has all changed in the years since. There are few who would rate Telemann higher than Bach today, but those people do exist.

There was also Christoph Graupner.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on June 22, 2020, 03:32:22 PM
While in J..s Bach time , did J,s Bach had rival just has talented, but lesser know , J.s bach nemesis , just as: refined  articulated , sophisticaly crafted masterpieces , spurt same ink signature of genious.

No
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on June 22, 2020, 03:32:22 PM

What about Brahms another era did he had nemesis or doppelganger same  might composer and were at best friends at worst enemie's, my question is whom had the same level of talent at same era in Germans composer of major impact in music, rivalry or friendship?

Wagner
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen