Smart composers Who would try to sound dummer for fear or rejection

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, June 24, 2020, 12:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Stupid people hate intelligent people and krypto intelligent ,only cunning street wise will play as the smartest the utter big mouth of all, is this verdict adequate.

I hate truelly chavness integrism(white dudde), that ghetto thing but in white people it's problematic, these guys are still around and enemies of smart folks, agree on this ?

Blacks folks I don't have a single problem I talk to them chavs I avoid ?

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: deprofundis on June 24, 2020, 12:37:13 PM
Stupid people hate intelligent people and krypto intelligent ,only cunning street wise will play as the smartest the utter big mouth of all, is this verdict adequate.

I hate truelly chavness integrism(white dudde), that ghetto thing but in white people it's problematic, these guys are still around and enemies of smart folks, agree on this ?

Blacks folks I don't have a single problem I talk to them chavs I avoid ?
Quote from: Dowder on June 24, 2020, 03:49:17 PM
I think Soviet era composers had to adjust their music to suit Stalin. Shostakovich being the most famous, perhaps.

Yes, you nail it , friend, this is exactly like this, Dowder, thanks for sharing, have a nice day.

greg

Quote from: Dowder on June 24, 2020, 05:32:27 PM
I try, I try broski.  :(

Classical rap may be the future of music.
Oh god, no.  ???

I'd rather do the opposite, be the opposite of a sellout. I've dreamed of making an album that only I enjoy and everyone else strongly dislikes.  >:D ...though of course that is impossible.

But really, though, there's an audience for everything, even if extremely small, so there shouldn't be a fear of rejection as long as you don't care about audience size or making a living with music too much.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: greg on June 24, 2020, 06:50:38 PM
Oh god, no.  ???

I'd rather do the opposite, be the opposite of a sellout. I've dreamed of making an album that only I enjoy and everyone else strongly dislikes.  >:D ...though of course that is impossible.

But really, though, there's an audience for everything, even if extremely small, so there shouldn't be a fear of rejection as long as you don't care about audience size or making a living with music too much.

Cool goal, yes make music  only you and you cherish, not for everyone lauch it put it a 1.6 millions so no one will buy it, perhaps a Japanese or a German, because there rich have too much money too spend lol , Japanese  & German are laughing wright now lol

greg

Quote from: Dowder on June 24, 2020, 07:31:56 PM
Would you settle for being the Elvis of Japan? 

No doubt, what's famous today may be forgotten tomorrow and vice versa. Bach wasn't popular until Mendelssohn championed his music, from memory. It may take time to find an appreciative public.
Not sure what the Elvis of Japan is.

I couldn't maintain a steady audience, anyways, since my policy is to write whatever I want, which is 3 albums so far of different genres, and I want to make new genres in the future, also...

It's more fun to be an influence towards other musicians and just upload videos online of me playing my own music, or covers. Whoever finds it, finds it. Music is more like an outlet for my own free speech- I don't want it to depend on money or people's expectations. Especially in the world today with censorship on the rise, thrusting my giant musical middle finger on the world is satisfying enough itself.

greg

Quote from: Dowder on June 24, 2020, 08:08:18 PM
I thought you were a Japanophile? Being like Elvis there would mean being a superstar. I guess the question was more about asking you whether you prefer being adored in a country and culture you adore and love or remaining anonymous but doing your own thing.

These days it's hard to ignore the thought police. I think classical music will be discouraged in the future as the product of dead white men.
A midlevel amount of fame would be nice. Like an occasional being recognized in public- but an everyday thing would be a nightmare.

There's several aspects of your question so it's not easy to answer... do I live there, am I adored because I give people what they want, am I somehow a superstar there but not somewhere else?

Umm... though maybe I just answered it with my first paragraph.

Yeah... once they ruin the popular stuff they could go for the less popular stuff. Right now it's Magic the Gathering and TLoU 2... probably a ways to go, though could still be safe.

Then again, I did hear about some recent article about people claiming Beethoven was black, so ugh whatever.  ::)