Kid Opera!

Started by cc-30-12-33, July 15, 2020, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc-30-12-33

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that there is not one mention of the 11y/o opera sensation, Emanne Beasha. She appeared on "America's Got Talent" in 2019 and rose all the way to the top 10, finishing 9th. I think primarily because most of the AGT voting public just isn't into Opera and they are also distracted by artists with disabilities. It sucks to be an able bodied talented person on AGT.

Anyway, in order of "Audition" to "farewell performance," these are her AGT performances...

While she did not win AGT in 2019, she was awarded a recording contract with Decca Records. So, hopefully, we will hear very good things from her soon. In the mean time, they have published two Holiday classics in December, as follows:

Ave Maria:

Oh Holy Night.

What are your thoughts on this young lady's prospects?

Tsaraslondon

Could we just get one thing straight? This young girl is not an opera singer. Nor is Paul Potts. Nor is Katherine Jenkins. An opera singer is someone who sings an entire staged opera in the theatre without a microphone. Of course there are classical singers who confine themselves to the concert platform, singing Lieder and orotorio, but they too sing without microphones and have the technique to sustain an entire evening of singing.

Having got that off my chest, she is obviously something of a prodigy, with a naturally beautiful sound, the voice extraordinarily well developed in one so young. That said, there are a few problems of support (well she is only 10!) and she is singing material she would be wise to leave alone for now. She should be being nurtured by a good teacher, not being subjected to this kind of exploitation so young. No doubt she will be sung out by the time she is a teenager, but in the meantime the marketing people and the record companies will have made their money and that will be the end of it, which is a shame because she obviously has talent and another potentially great voice will be lost to us.
\"A beautiful voice is not enough.\" Maria Callas

cc-30-12-33

Quote from: Tsaraslondon on July 16, 2020, 03:33:59 AM
Could we just get one thing straight? This young girl is not an opera singer. Nor is Paul Potts. Nor is Katherine Jenkins. An opera singer is someone who sings an entire staged opera in the theatre without a microphone. Of course there are classical singers who confine themselves to the concert platform, singing Lieder and orotorio, but they too sing without microphones and have the technique to sustain an entire evening of singing.

Well, by your very narrow definition, I guess she wouldn't be.  Thankfully, we don't have to adhere to that definition. I never called her a "professional" opera singer, and I do recognize she has some training to complete.  But, for her age (11 now, actually), I think we can expect greater things from her. She, obviously, has had an excellent start. And, yes, she is training with professional teachers, to my understanding.

Having got that off my chest, she is obviously something of a prodigy, with a naturally beautiful sound, the voice extraordinarily well developed in one so young. That said, there are a few problems of support (well she is only 10!) and she is singing material she would be wise to leave alone for now.

Why?

She should be being nurtured by a good teacher, not being subjected to this kind of exploitation so young. No doubt she will be sung out by the time she is a teenager,

I disagree.  I believe she will be even better.  I have heard her progress, since 2017 and the greater control over her voice, vibrato, etc. is astounding.   

...but in the meantime the marketing people and the record companies will have made their money and that will be the end of it, which is a shame because she obviously has talent and another potentially great voice will be lost to us.

Let us hope not.

Pohjolas Daughter

Hi cc!

Or perhaps she will come to the attention of an even better voice teacher?  And perhaps her parents now (with some extra money coming in) will be able to afford someone more appropriate to her age and talents.  In any event, thanks for pointing her out to us.   :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

cc-30-12-33

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 16, 2020, 03:47:16 AM
Hi cc!

Or perhaps she will come to the attention of an even better voice teacher?  And perhaps her parents now (with some extra money coming in) will be able to afford someone more appropriate to her age and talents.  In any event, thanks for pointing her out to us.   :)

PD

She was supposed to be doing several concerts with Andre Rieu, but that got postponed due to Covid-19.   We'll see if she can resurrect that after the pandemic subsides.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: cc-30-12-33 on July 16, 2020, 04:27:14 AM
She was supposed to be doing several concerts with Andre Rieu, but that got postponed due to Covid-19.   We'll see if she can resurrect that after the pandemic subsides.
Ooh, yes, horrible timing just as possible career is starting to take off!   :(

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Guido

This is a pop voice, singing classical music. Barbara Streisand did an album like this a few decades ago. The production on the album is also obnoxiously harshly autotuned (in fact melodyne is more likely to have been used than autotune).
Geologist.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away