Where are your favourite walks?

Started by vandermolen, July 22, 2020, 01:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scion7

When I am not astral-travelling to Pluto:

I walk in the lane to feed the deer:

When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

vandermolen

Quote from: Scion7 on August 18, 2020, 12:08:28 PM

We have local deers as well.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

This is a genuine photo from myself, its authenticity guaranteed by the fact that I've also photographed the cover of my mobile phone case (additional black arch at top). The photo is at Wells Cathedral and that is my wife through the archway:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Scion7 on August 18, 2020, 12:08:28 PM

Hi Scion7,

Um, it's sweet that you care about the deer.  Are they starving where you live?  I love nature, animals, etc., but that's possibly (and sorry, I hate to say this) mucking up things re the balance and more?  In my country, deer are in some areas very plentiful and have become serious pests...becoming too used to humans (which wild animals shouldn't become under normal circumstances) and can help spreading things like the very debilidating Lyme Disease and leaving them at a risk of being too trusting of humans too.  And, I'm truly asking this kindly, are they o.k. on their own?  It sounds like you're a very caring person?  Perhaps, instead, look to helping/volunteering at a local wildlife institute?  :)  Pardon, not trying to hurt your feelings, but I'm trying to help to make your efforts matter (as best that I can...I'm certainly no expert).  I just want your love of wildlife to matter.   :)

Best wishes,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on August 18, 2020, 01:58:53 PM
This is a genuine photo from myself, its authenticity guaranteed by the fact that I've also photographed the cover of my mobile phone case (additional black arch at top). The photo is at Wells Cathedral and that is my wife through the archway:

;D
Pohjolas Daughter

Andante

Any walk would be a joy for me as I have just developed a back problem that has put me on crutches but fingers crossed it wont be permanent ...
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Andante on August 19, 2020, 03:12:22 AM
Any walk would be a joy for me as I have just developed a back problem that has put me on crutches but fingers crossed it wont be permanent ...
Very sorry to hear that!  Hope that you heal quickly.   :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Andante

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on August 19, 2020, 03:36:41 AM
Very sorry to hear that!  Hope that you heal quickly.   :)

PD

Thank you, most kind.
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

greg

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on August 10, 2020, 02:19:21 PM
I visit Tokyo and Kyoto almost every year. Over-there, I jog 2-3 miles every morning.
The pics of my jog route in Kyoto here.
Here's a view of the city of Kyoto.

Which direction might your jog be? Left or right?

As for favorite walks, this will do:
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: greg on August 22, 2020, 09:45:40 AM

😍😍😍

I usually jog around Imperial Palace, Heian Shrine and Maruyama Park.
The pic below is a Matcha ice cream in Kyoto.

vandermolen

Quote from: Andante on August 19, 2020, 03:12:22 AM
I hope not and hope that you are out walking again soon.

vandermolen

Quote from: greg on August 22, 2020, 09:45:40 AM

Great photos + DBK's ice cream shot. :)

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

According to her FB post today, Ms. AS Mutter is hiking Alps now. I guess/hope she has recovered from Covid19.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

MusicTurner

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on August 24, 2020, 07:25:54 PM
According to her FB post today, Ms. AS Mutter is hiking Alps now. I guess/hope she has recovered from Covid19.

Nice.

vandermolen

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on August 24, 2020, 07:25:54 PM
Good to hear. It looks like a scene from 'The Sound of Music'. She doesn't seem to be in hiking gear  ;D

Andante

Quote from: vandermolen on August 23, 2020, 10:49:23 PM
I hope not and hope that you are out walking again soon.
Thank you sir, you are most kind all I can say is that growing old is not for the faint hearted.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Quote from: vandermolen on August 24, 2020, 11:20:21 PM
She doesn't seem to be in hiking gear  ;D

😄😄😄

The below is her message Yesterday:

The Austrian Alps – my favorite place by far ...
Hiking here is such a present – as will be to finally perform again soon!! The Wildpark in Aurach is a magical place. Look at these flowers! And one more of these Austrian desserts and my dirndl is going to explode 😀

vandermolen

Quote from: Andante on August 25, 2020, 03:04:52 AM

Thank you sir, you are most kind all I can say is that growing old is not for the faint hearted.
Yes, I can relate to that!

vandermolen

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on August 25, 2020, 07:26:10 AM
😄😄😄

The below is her message Yesterday:

The Austrian Alps – my favorite place by far ...
Hiking here is such a present – as will be to finally perform again soon!! The Wildpark in Aurach is a magical place. Look at these flowers! And one more of these Austrian desserts and my dirndl is going to explode 😀

I have had two lovely holidays hiking in the Austrian Alps. Including getting stuck in the revolving door of our hotel, with my rucksack, on two consecutive days. On the second occasion a fellow hotel guest jumped up and announced 'Did you see that? He did the same thing yesterday!' Presumably he thought that I'd been employed by the hotel to provide the comic entertainment for fellow guests.