And cute dog!  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

steve ridgway

Thank you PD, that is Milka.🐺🇷🇴

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 24, 2021, 06:08:00 AM
Thank you PD, that is Milka.🐺🇷🇴
Is Milka a Romanian raven sheepdog?  How old is she and what's her story?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

steve ridgway

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 24, 2021, 02:07:06 PM
Is Milka a Romanian raven sheepdog?  How old is she and what's her story?  :)

She looks like one of those but much smaller. Four years old now and one of those street dogs that various animal charities rescue from places like Romania, Spain, Greece and Cyprus and bring to the UK. She's generally happy here, loves the garden and walks although she's very wary of other people, particularly children, so we need to keep away from playgrounds and schools.

vandermolen

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 23, 2021, 07:15:32 AM
Penshurst Place looks wonderful to have to oneself. ;D

I've started taking one or other of the dogs for an extra walk from the house after lunch and took the camera along today.
Very nice Steve - is that in Cheshire. Your dog seems to be enjoying it.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

steve ridgway

Quote from: vandermolen on April 24, 2021, 10:33:24 PM
Very nice Steve - is that in Cheshire. Your dog seems to be enjoying it.

Yes, we don't take any notice of that "Greater Manchester" nonsense - it's at the very north end and we sometimes walk over the border into Lancashire.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 24, 2021, 09:33:04 PM
She looks like one of those but much smaller. Four years old now and one of those street dogs that various animal charities rescue from places like Romania, Spain, Greece and Cyprus and bring to the UK. She's generally happy here, loves the garden and walks although she's very wary of other people, particularly children, so we need to keep away from playgrounds and schools.
Sounds like she found a good home--and wise dog-parents.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

steve ridgway

Joe went to one of the nearby parks this afternoon.

vandermolen

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 25, 2021, 08:17:15 AM
Joe went to one of the nearby parks this afternoon.
Excellent! We went for a nice walk today. I hope to post some photos soon.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

steve ridgway

This afternoon's walk from home.

vandermolen

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 26, 2021, 07:37:24 AM
This afternoon's walk from home.
Lovely and nicely contrasted, colourful images.

We did another walk from Penshurst recently and here are some snaps. There was a car rally going on in the car park and I was delighted to see my favourite car on display - a two-tone grey Citroen 2CV6. I once owned a yellow one - it was always breaking down but I loved it.
The wider river is the Eden and the smaller one is the Medway:

vandermolen

Here are some more images:

The top photo has a 'Pill Box' World War Two defence bunker in the middle of the field. Some of them are used as bat sanctuaries now. The archway is the entrance to Penshurst Place:

steve ridgway

Looks like you made the most of the sunny weather Jeffrey. It's gone all grey here today.

Pohjolas Daughter

Lovely photos Jeffrey!  And looks like you're getting your walks in too.
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 28, 2021, 06:23:06 AM
Looks like you made the most of the sunny weather Jeffrey. It's gone all grey here today.
Same here Steve. It was colder than it looks. For the first time in a year we were able to visit a pub  :) :) :)
However we had to freeze at an outside, socially-distanced table with our drinks. Still, was great to be able to go to the pub again.

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 28, 2021, 08:34:11 AM
Lovely photos Jeffrey!  And looks like you're getting your walks in too.
Thanks PD and I enjoy the walks and the therapeutic affects of being outside in nice countryside - especially now that we can go to the pub afterwards  ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on April 28, 2021, 10:46:08 AM
Thanks PD and I enjoy the walks and the therapeutic affects of being outside in nice countryside - especially now that we can go to the pub afterwards  ;D
Yes, getting outdoors is important to keep ones sanity--particularly in these times!  Glad that you were able to enjoy your pub visit (albeit a rather cold one).

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Nice photos and congrats, good to hear.

MusicTurner

Had a lovely walk round the Karlstrup Kalkbrud old quarry lake, around 20 km south from Copenhagen. It's a local place, not very well-known, but quite exotically looking, with some huge fish in the crystal clear, turquoise waters. Could be a lot of other places than Denmark. Some people were fishing, though it wasn't allowed, cf. the signs there.

The first really warm day this year, weather has been mostly chilly, for longer than average.

We also visited some open art studios at a former airforce base in Værløse, very interesting, with some talkative/informative people around.

EDIT: Turns out that fishing is allowed if you have a special club membership.

MusicTurner

Yesterday I cycled out to Dragør (20 km away) an old fishing village, now an upscale place, where locals are grumpy about the likely prospect of becoming a UNESCO site, due to increased tourist invasion. I toured the village and the sea front on foot. It was a quiet day with a friendly atmosphere, and a couple sitting on their terrace invited me in to see their grounds, when they saw my interest in their cosy house designs.