Arthur Doyle & Cecil Taylor R my favorite jazz man ever epic space jazz

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, July 30, 2020, 02:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Hello Folks I love so much Arthur Doyle and the quiet screamers album it's so darn good psychedelic jazz meet space Jazz.

Greatest Jazz-man ever there that good !!!
Cecil Taylor theee great paris live concert wow awesome!!!

BenedictNolan

Many of his jazz songs received many prestigious awards, and I'm proud of that.
Refer to the latest updated phone ringtone list at klingeltöne samsung

Artem

Haven't investigated Doyle music yet, but I am a big fan of Cecil Taylor too. Air above Mountains is a great solo disk and Dark to Themselves with a band is also pretty good. I think both recordings are from the mid 1970s.

T. D.

I've heard a fair amount of Taylor, can't add any comments of value. Huge discography, but many of the highest-regarded recordings are out of print.
Haven't heard any Doyle, I started to investigate but he seems pretty obscure. One description I saw, from someone who listens to a lot of free jazz, went along the lines of "he's so far out that he's in the category of 'Outsider' rather than 'Outside'"... ;)

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: T. D. on November 05, 2020, 05:59:21 AM
I've heard a fair amount of Taylor, can't add any comments of value. Huge discography, but many of the highest-regarded recordings are out of print.
Haven't heard any Doyle, I started to investigate but he seems pretty obscure. One description I saw, from someone who listens to a lot of free jazz, went along the lines of "he's so far out that he's in the category of 'Outsider' rather than 'Outside'"... ;) indeed he is indeed , I welcome all your posting fellas, love epic Jazz Zorn , Borbetamagus

Carlo Gesualdo

listening to jazz obscure jazz  of the 50'' and good olde blues how about Howlin wolf