Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

knight66

Quote from: Michel on April 20, 2007, 12:56:49 PM
Must I really?

Anne-Sophie Mutter seems to have been burning the candle at both ends I see.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

carlos

A fine picture of great Ginette.
Piantale a la leche hermano, que eso arruina el corazón! (from a tango's letter)

Hollywood

Quote from: Michel on April 15, 2007, 07:21:59 AM
Marx

Very interesting Michel. I just happen to live in the "Karl Marx Hof" here in Vienna, Austria. Small world isn't it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Marx-Hof

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Choo Choo

Wow, that is one amazing apartment complex!

I was in Vienna just before Christmas, meant to go to Heiligenstadt but never made it.

Cato

Pee-Wee Herman!  Wasn't that obvious?
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Shrunk

I suspect Nipper needs no introduction, but you can find out more about him here: http://www.danbbs.dk/~erikoest/nipper.htm

Haffner

My girl again, in a very Nordic pose (in other words, my type 'a thang).

DavidW

Mike, you still have the same avatar, how boring! :D  Even Sarge changed his avatar. ;D

Modify I was mistaken, that was Sarge's sig that I was looking at, not his avatar.

My avatar is Robson Green.  He starred in Touching Evil and Wire in the Blood.  I have loved Touching Evil ever since I first saw it, but only recently had a chance to watch the first series of Wire in the Blood.  He is playing the same type of character, and he's awesome. :)  In both series he catches murderers by getting into their heads, how they think, to profile them and also sometimes anticipate their actions.

I can already tell you now that my next avatar will be the other show I'm currently watching.  I'll say more in a week or two when I change my avatar. :)

knight66

Now, that second show is really worth watching, esp the first series. Quite original and superbly acted.

Mike

DavidW

Quote from: knight on April 24, 2007, 09:28:58 AM
Now, that second show is really worth watching, esp the first series. Quite original and superbly acted.

Mike

Yeah it is really great.  The library has all but the previous season, which comes to pbs this summer.  It's my favorite show right now.  Drama and subtle, but deep, acting elevates Foyle's War beyond the exaggerated melodrama that I'm used to from tv shows.    The mysteries are pretty clever and the premise of the show is an interesting one.

I also watch Inspector Lynley-- it's amusing that the show caught on and became so popular in Britain, because it's written by an American author.  Elizabeth George lives in California! :D  Since I don't know anything about the UK, I wouldn't even know what would be inaccurate about it, but I like it.  Anyway Lynley was my previous avatar, and before that it was Psych. ;D

So while Bill's avatars are different, we both are working on the same theme. :)

AnthonyAthletic

You seen Rebus or Messiah (DI Red Metcalf) with Ken Stott...you would like those David.

Rebus is set in Edinburgh, Scotland.  Ken Stott must be the hardest Detective on the Planet (Being Scottish you can well guess, Mike will confirm this  ;D )

The Angriest Actor I have ever come across, bar none.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

DavidW

Oh Rebus... that's Ian Rankin, I've read one of those novels, but that was a few years back, I don't recall it that well.  Just recall it being very dark! :D

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: DavidW on April 24, 2007, 10:01:35 AM
Oh Rebus... that's Ian Rankin, I've read one of those novels, but that was a few years back, I don't recall it that well.  Just recall it being very dark! :D

Very dark and seedy David, bit like a Mahler 6th  ;D

Stott is the guy who played Hitler in Uncle Adolf, the Chubbiest, Scottish sounding Nazi you are ever likely to come across  ;D  First time I ever saw Hitler Nut somebody in the Head. LOL

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

knight66

The Inspector Lynley mysteries are pap I think. The books are bad enough, but the TV adaptations eviscerate even the set up between the detectives. She is clueless about British society and it is more fantasy than anything else.

George spent a lot of money and time trying to prove that Jack the Ripper was the painter Walter Sickert. The 'evidence' was the usual guess work or tenuous, it would not even get him arrested these days.

As to Rebus...top show, Stott is so believeable and indeed it is dark. The actor John Hannah, (He who was incapable of sustaining an English accent in The Mummy.) bought up some of the book rights and was Rebus in several of the stories, hopeless, like a gawky daft laddie. Stott is the real deal. And I always like to see Edinburgh, even its underbelly.

Mike

Guido

Just an amazing photo I found while surfing
Geologist.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: DavidW on April 24, 2007, 08:12:13 AM
Mike, you still have the same avatar, how boring! :D  Even Sarge changed his avatar. ;D

Modify I was mistaken, that was Sarge's sig that I was looking at, not his avatar.

I remain fundamentally opposed to cosmetic surgery and frequent changes of avatar. I first used my avatar five years ago and it has been an unchanging presence thoughout cyberspace. I walk into a chatroom anywhere and I'm instantly recognized. Kids beg for my autograph; men slap me on the back and offer to buy me a beer; women want my body. My unwavering commitment to those 100x100 pixels is celebrated in some circles as an example of steadfastness and loyalty that all persons of clean mind and sound body should emulate...or was that sound mind and clean body? Whatever... I know who I am, I am what I am, and I will go to my grave with my Sgt Rock avatar. The only way they'll make me give it up is to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Sarge, feeling a bit Charlton Heston'ish tonight ;D
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Maciek

That was a real good speech, Sarge! :D 8)

George

Maciek

???
Major??
???

Well, it was very moving... Made me think about my own rather happy-go-lucky avatar customs...