Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikF4

Quote from: Ken B on April 05, 2019, 06:37:46 PM
You cannot convince us you are over 50 unless it was your grandfather, not your great grandfather.

You're calling me a liar.

e: "us" - is that a forum of real people or the priggish voices in your head?

Okay, how about despite that fact I'm not obliged to prove anything to anyone, I find a willing volunteer to look at copies of birth/marriage certifcates? Anyone want drawn into this?

Ken B

Quote from: NikF4 on April 06, 2019, 01:07:43 AM
You're calling me a liar.

e: "us" - is that a forum of real people or the priggish voices in your head?

Okay, how about despite that fact I'm not obliged to prove anything to anyone, I find a willing volunteer to look at copies of birth/marriage certifcates? Anyone want drawn into this?
No, I was making a joke you young whippersnapper.

NikF4

Quote from: Ken B on April 06, 2019, 01:17:42 AM
No, I was making a joke you young whippersnapper.

No you weren't Ken. I called you out. You were at it and have been found out - and even lack the balls to admit it. And speaking of balls...
How can it be that you have a grandfather so brave that he not only volunteered but twice escaped, yet you're known on the forum for running away when a thread takes a turn you don't like? What happened there? How can that even happen?

e: you liar. 'Kenny boy' indeed.

Ken B

And the ignore list grows.

Mirror Image

Getting back on topic...

I changed my avatar to Enescu as I've become really overwhelmed by his music. It took me awhile to get into Enescu, but now I consider him one of the most brilliant composers of the 20th Century. I figured it'd be a nice change after having Debussy up for so long.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 08, 2019, 07:36:33 AM
Getting back on topic...

I changed my avatar to Enescu as I've become really overwhelmed by his music. It took me awhile to get into Enescu, but now I consider him one of the most brilliant composers of the 20th Century. I figured it'd be a nice change after having Debussy up for so long.

Cool! Nice signature line too.
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 08, 2019, 08:56:56 AM
Cool! Nice signature line too.

Thanks! I knew you'd approve. ;)

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 08, 2019, 10:00:25 AM
Thanks! I knew you'd approve. ;)

Hey, John, whatever happened to poor Enescu;D
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 13, 2019, 07:48:04 AM
Hey, John, whatever happened to poor Enescu;D

Debussy won the fight thanks, in large part, to a huge tidal wave. ;)

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 13, 2019, 07:55:40 AM
Debussy won the fight thanks, in large part, to a huge tidal wave. ;)

I'm pretty sure you don't even remember the time when both Enescu and Debussy were out of the question.

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 22, 2012, 09:29:35 PM
In the end, I have to have more grit and edge in my music, which is why Shostakovich is my favorite composer.

;D ;D ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 13, 2019, 08:09:06 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't even remember the time when both Enescu and Debussy were out of the question.

;D ;D ;D

This is true, but tastes change and become more refined. :)

Wanderer

Quote from: Florestan on April 03, 2019, 05:21:50 AM
August Macke - Our Garden with Blooming Borders (1912)

That's a very fine painting. Its current whereabouts are at the Musée de l'Orangerie in Paris, as part of the Franz Marc / August Macke. L'aventure du Cavalier bleu exhibition.

Mirror Image

I think I'll stick with Walton for awhile. For me, one of the quintessential British composers. I actually prefer his music to Britten's now. Him and RVW are neck-and-neck for me right now, but I have feeling Walton will win since I like his edgier approach, but the moments of beauty in Walton seem much more poignant than RVW's.

geralmar

My avatar on "less cultured" websites.  T-Rex throwing a snowball.

North Star

Birds are dinosaurs, of course.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

aligreto

Now that Mirror Image is back and leading the way I felt that it was time for a change. The image portrays a very palatable mix for me - listing to vinyl while sipping a glass of red wine.  ;D

staxomega

Quote from: aligreto on November 03, 2019, 08:56:33 AM
Now that Mirror Image is back and leading the way I felt that it was time for a change. The image portrays a very palatable mix for me - listing to vinyl while sipping a glass of red wine.  ;D

A very good combination  8) I certainly enjoyed doing my best Steve Wozniak impression from this commercial when I was a resident/fellow; vinyl, headphones and a good drink, made the end of the day a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7lP5qlnRM

aligreto

Quote from: hvbias on November 03, 2019, 09:05:54 AM
A very good combination  8) I certainly enjoyed doing my best Steve Wozniak impression from this commercial when I was a resident/fellow; vinyl, headphones and a good drink, made the end of the day a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7lP5qlnRM

Cheers  8)

Symphonic Addict

Emil James Bisttram - Music of the Spheres

This is just an incredible artist. Shapes. Like atoms, molecules. Universes. Minimalistic pictures. I feel his style very close to my thinking and feeling.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

jess

my avatar is me questioning who i am and who i want to be