Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: George on June 24, 2020, 09:11:31 AM
My girlfriend approves. (Her favorite flowers.)

And I approve, as any flower wins over Rachmaninov's mug. (Though I do adore his music.)

Oh, I think his mug is much cuter with that cap than without.  :D
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Mirror Image

Since I've turned my attention to Shostakovich for quite some time, I figured it was time for Mieczysław Weinberg to be in the spotlight for awhile. He certainly deserves it! Love this composer's music.

Mirror Image

Decided to change my avatar to Khachaturian since I've been so enamored with his music lately. This portrait is painted by the well-known Armenian artist, and friend of Khachaturian, Martiros Saryan.

Mirror Image

Mirror Image

Decided to change my avatar to Holst since I don't believe he's ever been one of my featured photos. I love his music and the more you start to dig into his oeuvre, the better it gets. Anyone who doesn't get past The Planets is doing this composer a disservice, IMHO.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 08, 2020, 10:42:04 AM
Decided to change my avatar to Holst since I don't believe he's ever been one of my featured photos. I love his music and the more you start to dig into his oeuvre, the better it gets. Anyone who doesn't get past The Planets is doing this composer a disservice, IMHO.

Oh, he looks just like Weinberg :-\.

JBS

Henri Matisse
Woman with Violin 1923

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Decided to change my avatar back to Monsieur Claude. Love this man's music dearly.

steve ridgway

I'm changing to an actual composer - Sir Harrison Birtwistle. Not sure though if most of you would count anyone modern enough to have a colour portrait as proper classical :P.

Christo

Quote from: steve ridgway on July 30, 2020, 06:40:06 AM
Not sure though if most of you would count anyone modern enough to have a colour portrait as proper classical :P.
Mine is both.  :)
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

JBS

Since it's theoretically the change of seasons I decided to change my avatar to something a bit wintry.

Gilbert Stuart: The Skater
It's actually a commissioned portrait of a Scotsman in London named William Grant.

André

Looks like Ludwig van taking up winter sports !  :D

AlberichUndHagen

My current avatar is Micah Bell from Red Dead Redemption 2.

Florestan

My current avatar plus my current signature line = my top 3 favorite composers.

JBS

This is Florida. Just too hot to skate.

So....Frans Hals, Two Boys Singing

Florestan

Julia Fischer, my favorite female violinist. Sexy, brainy, classy.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 07, 2020, 11:17:05 AM
Julia Fischer, my favorite female violinist. Sexy, brainy, classy.

She is rather easy on the eyes for sure, but I prefer this newer woman on the block: Diana Tishchenko

Mirror Image

Oh and my new avatar is obviously Béla Bartók who is one of my biggest musical inspirations and one of the reasons why I'm listening to classical music in the first-place.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 07, 2020, 02:49:58 PM
She is rather easy on the eyes for sure, but I prefer this newer woman on the block: Diana Tishchenko

Not bad, John, not bad at all, but I'll stick with Julia for a while.  :D