Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Quote from: donwyn on May 06, 2007, 08:50:13 AM
My avatar?

It's what you get when a Divertimentian is enjoying a serenade...

0:)

Okay...

It's trumpeter extraordinaire Dizzy Gillespie giving us a lesson in bubble blowing (or an artist's rendering thereof).

Cool. Now I see it. Thanks.  :)

George

Another George Harrison photo.

Maciek

Since I'm now posting much more often than I used to on the old GMG, I've decided to change mine every two weeks (and not once a month, as I have done until now).

It is, of course, the same recurrent theme: my daughter + various members of the family (usually me ;D).

Maciek

George

The Sesame street gang.  8)

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

dtwilbanks

George

SimonGodders

The late, great Bill Shankly

dtwilbanks

Quote from: George on May 19, 2007, 08:45:53 AM
:)

Yes, I think I found my permanent avatar.

No, George! This one!

;D

Bogey

Dear Members of GMG,
I will be starting a "pool".  Please send me the date and time of day that you believe our friend George will change his avatar again.  One entry per member and grand prize to be determined later. ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bogey on May 19, 2007, 08:52:31 AM
Dear Members of GMG,
I will be starting a "pool".  Please send me the date and time of day that you believe our friend George will change his avatar again.  One entry per member and grand prize to be determined later. ;D

;D ;D ;D

George

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 08:50:20 AM
No, George! This one!

;D

Dave, gettin' all gangsta up in this mofo.  :D

dtwilbanks

Quote from: George on May 19, 2007, 09:09:43 AM
Dave, gettin' all gangsta up in this mofo.  :D

Why did you choose a Sesame Street avatar, may I ask?

Maciek

I love it too. (In a way, it's very much like my own, actually... LOL! ;D)

Harry

Tchaikovsky it is, and it will stay that way, afterall he is the greatest right! ;D

Bogey

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 12:41:52 PM
Why did you choose a Sesame Street avatar, may I ask?

I believe George's original avatar for the longest time was

dtwilbanks

Quote from: Bogey on May 19, 2007, 01:34:37 PM
I believe George's original avatar for the longest time was

I know, but why...?

Solitary Wanderer

The Wanderer above a sea of fog by Caspar David Fredrich

I especially enjoy Fredrich's paintings. I love art, poetry and of course music from the late Romantic era in particular.
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Bogey

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 02:18:48 PM
I know, but why...?

We should just wait for George to chime in....nah....I believe that Ernie was to him back in the day, as Richter is to him now, that is, just a favorite from his childhood.  I even remember changing mine to Bert for a few days.... ;D

Bogey

By the way Dave, wasn't it you that used to come hard with the classic monsters from the Universal Library (and I'll include Chaney Sr. here for fun)?  Those were sweet!