Previous topic - Next topic

George

Kullervo

The Knight of Infinite Resignation

gmstudio

Saul

Brian

George

It's identified beneath the image, but I wanted to share a larger image here, since it's a little hard to see as an avatar:

Bogey

Quote from: George on December 23, 2007, 09:17:45 AM
It's identified beneath the image, but I wanted to share a larger image here, since it's a little hard to see as an avatar:

Sort of like full screen vs. letterboxing/widescreen buddy.  8)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bogey on December 23, 2007, 09:22:31 AM
Sort of like full screen vs. letterboxing/widescreen buddy.  8)

Yes and once again, letterboxing wins!

Kullervo

I thought I'd retire Kierkegaard and give in... to temptation.  >:D

Haffner

In honour of the massive revelations bestowed upon me my these Metal Kings, most recently by their double dvd "Absolute Power" and the "Gods of War" masterpiece cd, Manowar KILLS WITH POWER!

Wanderer

Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, with a Spartium junceum bush in full bloom in the foreground.

Bogey

Quote from: Wanderer on December 23, 2007, 10:25:47 AM
Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, with a Spartium junceum bush in full bloom in the foreground.

One of my favorite "maintained" avatars on this forum.  Never tire of seeing it.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bogey on December 23, 2007, 10:49:53 AM
One of my favorite "maintained" avatars on this forum.  Never tire of seeing it.

Might we hear more about the backstory of your current avatar?

Bogey

Quote from: George on December 23, 2007, 10:56:02 AM
Might we hear more about the backstory of your current avatar?

As you have been able to tell, I have been changing avatars like socks.  However, the WWII avatar that I tried recently hit a chord with me and images from this period I find to be powerful.  Lately I have been doing some reading on WWII and also have been getting back into some WWII figure painting (1:35 scale).  So, I thought that I would change my avatar based on the month/date and connect to some WWII events/images.  On a more personal connection, my grandfather and Uncle Bill (whom I was named after) served during WWII, so I am also doing it to honor them and all the other veterans that came before, now serve, and will come after.  Just a lot of layers here for me that have all come together at once buddy.

pjme

A caricature of painter Arnold Böcklin, of " Isle of death" fame....

Bogey

Quote from: pjme on December 23, 2007, 11:41:16 AM
A caricature of painter Arnold Böcklin, of " Isle of death" fame....

Did the caricature have any script with it?

pjme

No script... it's a clip from a 1930-ies (French) magazine and gives no clue at all....

Kullervo

My favorite writer and the greatest single artistic influence on my life (so far, of course). I'm rereading the short stories.

Sarastro

I'm not quite sure what I should install as an avatar, so i just chose myself.
My favorite music celebrities are already taken.