Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikF4

Quote from: Ken B on April 05, 2019, 06:37:46 PM
You cannot convince us you are over 50 unless it was your grandfather, not your great grandfather.

You're calling me a liar.

e: "us" - is that a forum of real people or the priggish voices in your head?

Okay, how about despite that fact I'm not obliged to prove anything to anyone, I find a willing volunteer to look at copies of birth/marriage certifcates? Anyone want drawn into this?

Ken B

Quote from: NikF4 on April 06, 2019, 01:07:43 AM
You're calling me a liar.

e: "us" - is that a forum of real people or the priggish voices in your head?

Okay, how about despite that fact I'm not obliged to prove anything to anyone, I find a willing volunteer to look at copies of birth/marriage certifcates? Anyone want drawn into this?
No, I was making a joke you young whippersnapper.

NikF4

Quote from: Ken B on April 06, 2019, 01:17:42 AM
No, I was making a joke you young whippersnapper.

No you weren't Ken. I called you out. You were at it and have been found out - and even lack the balls to admit it. And speaking of balls...
How can it be that you have a grandfather so brave that he not only volunteered but twice escaped, yet you're known on the forum for running away when a thread takes a turn you don't like? What happened there? How can that even happen?

e: you liar. 'Kenny boy' indeed.

Ken B

And the ignore list grows.

Mirror Image

Getting back on topic...

I changed my avatar to Enescu as I've become really overwhelmed by his music. It took me awhile to get into Enescu, but now I consider him one of the most brilliant composers of the 20th Century. I figured it'd be a nice change after having Debussy up for so long.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 08, 2019, 07:36:33 AM
Getting back on topic...

I changed my avatar to Enescu as I've become really overwhelmed by his music. It took me awhile to get into Enescu, but now I consider him one of the most brilliant composers of the 20th Century. I figured it'd be a nice change after having Debussy up for so long.

Cool! Nice signature line too.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 08, 2019, 08:56:56 AM
Cool! Nice signature line too.

Thanks! I knew you'd approve. ;)

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 08, 2019, 10:00:25 AM
Thanks! I knew you'd approve. ;)

Hey, John, whatever happened to poor Enescu;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 13, 2019, 07:48:04 AM
Hey, John, whatever happened to poor Enescu;D

Debussy won the fight thanks, in large part, to a huge tidal wave. ;)

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 13, 2019, 07:55:40 AM
Debussy won the fight thanks, in large part, to a huge tidal wave. ;)

I'm pretty sure you don't even remember the time when both Enescu and Debussy were out of the question.

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 22, 2012, 09:29:35 PM
In the end, I have to have more grit and edge in my music, which is why Shostakovich is my favorite composer.

;D ;D ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on April 13, 2019, 08:09:06 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't even remember the time when both Enescu and Debussy were out of the question.

;D ;D ;D

This is true, but tastes change and become more refined. :)

Wanderer

Quote from: Florestan on April 03, 2019, 05:21:50 AM
August Macke - Our Garden with Blooming Borders (1912)

That's a very fine painting. Its current whereabouts are at the Musée de l'Orangerie in Paris, as part of the Franz Marc / August Macke. L'aventure du Cavalier bleu exhibition.

Mirror Image

I think I'll stick with Walton for awhile. For me, one of the quintessential British composers. I actually prefer his music to Britten's now. Him and RVW are neck-and-neck for me right now, but I have feeling Walton will win since I like his edgier approach, but the moments of beauty in Walton seem much more poignant than RVW's.

geralmar

My avatar on "less cultured" websites.  T-Rex throwing a snowball.

North Star

Birds are dinosaurs, of course.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

aligreto

Now that Mirror Image is back and leading the way I felt that it was time for a change. The image portrays a very palatable mix for me - listing to vinyl while sipping a glass of red wine.  ;D

staxomega

Quote from: aligreto on November 03, 2019, 08:56:33 AM
Now that Mirror Image is back and leading the way I felt that it was time for a change. The image portrays a very palatable mix for me - listing to vinyl while sipping a glass of red wine.  ;D

A very good combination  8) I certainly enjoyed doing my best Steve Wozniak impression from this commercial when I was a resident/fellow; vinyl, headphones and a good drink, made the end of the day a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7lP5qlnRM

aligreto

Quote from: hvbias on November 03, 2019, 09:05:54 AM
A very good combination  8) I certainly enjoyed doing my best Steve Wozniak impression from this commercial when I was a resident/fellow; vinyl, headphones and a good drink, made the end of the day a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7lP5qlnRM

Cheers  8)

Symphonic Addict

Emil James Bisttram - Music of the Spheres

This is just an incredible artist. Shapes. Like atoms, molecules. Universes. Minimalistic pictures. I feel his style very close to my thinking and feeling.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

jess

my avatar is me questioning who i am and who i want to be