Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Quote from: MrOsa on April 30, 2007, 04:18:02 PM
???

Well, it was very moving... Made me think about my own rather happy-go-lucky avatar customs...

I guess changing avatars can get confusing, but I assure you this time its all in fun.  :)

Maciek

You won't fool me that easily! I can see your face behind the Sgt Rock pic... George! >:D

George

Quote from: MrOsa on April 30, 2007, 04:22:35 PM
You won't fool me that easily! I can see your face behind the Sgt Rock pic... George! >:D

Stinker!  :P

Maciek

Hey, for a while there I thought it was Sarge who changed his screen name to Major... ??? ??? ??? That was a really confusing idea... ;D

George

Quote from: MrOsa on April 30, 2007, 04:29:14 PM
Hey, for a while there I thought it was Sarge who changed his screen name to Major... ??? ??? ??? That was a really confusing idea... ;D

I should've put Minor, that would have been most confusing.  ;D

Maciek

Well, anyway: we proved Sarge's point. Seeing his avatar I instinctively treated the post as coming from Sarge without even thinking about the name that was displayed next to it.

Then I decided it was a newcomer.

Then I noticed the eerily high post count. And started to wonder what sort of hacker the newcomer was... ::) ;D)

And back on topic: my current avatar is a blurred pic of my daughter standing in our bedroom door.

Bogey

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 30, 2007, 03:36:48 PM
I remain fundamentally opposed to cosmetic surgery and frequent changes of avatar. I first used my avatar five years ago and it has been an unchanging presence thoughout cyberspace. I walk into a chatroom anywhere and I'm instantly recognized. Kids beg for my autograph; men slap me on the back and offer to buy me a beer; women want my body. My unwavering commitment to those 100x100 pixels is celebrated in some circles as an example of steadfastness and loyalty that all persons of clean mind and sound body should emulate...or was that sound mind and clean body? Whatever... I know who I am, I am what I am, and I will go to my grave with my Sgt Rock avatar. The only way they'll make me give it up is to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Sarge, feeling a bit Charlton Heston'ish tonight ;D

That was classic!  LOL....a lot.  I put in a submission to The Mad Hatter to see if I might don my old Bogart avatar, but have not heard back yet.   :D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: MrOsa on April 30, 2007, 04:38:27 PM
Well, anyway: we proved Sarge's point. Seeing his avatar I instinctively treated the post as coming from Sarge without even thinking about the name that was displayed next to it.

Then I decided it was a newcomer.

Then I noticed the eerily high post count. And started to wonder what sort of hacker the newcomer was... ::) ;D)

And back on topic: my current avatar is a blurred pic of my daughter standing in our bedroom door.

I am honored that I wasn't your first, second or third guess.  ;D

Mine is now Sviatoslav Richter.

I was maybe gonna go back to the Moravec one, but the image is no longer available. Karma I guess.  ;D

Anyone have a link to the old forum? 

George

Quote from: Bill on April 30, 2007, 04:39:29 PM
That was classic!  LOL....a lot.  I put in a submission to The Mad Hatter to see if I might don my old Bogart avatar, but have not heard back yet.   :D

I still say the Bacall one was tops!  :)

DavidW

Dead on Sarge, but I think I have an easier way to get respect from men, adoration from women, and beer... steal your avatar when I need it! ;D ;) :D

Maciek

George

Quote from: DavidW on April 30, 2007, 04:51:02 PM
Dead on Sarge, but I think I have an easier way to get respect from men, adoration from women, and beer... steal your avatar when I need it! ;D ;) :D

I can say from personal experience that stealing Sarge's avatar will not accomplish that goal. It only made the mods a little nervous and me feel like a traitor to my country. I'll never do that again. 

I now believe that the powers of Sarge's avatar lie within him and are not transferable to others.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: DavidW on April 30, 2007, 04:51:02 PM

;D :D ;D

With you and George on this forum, I better copyright my avatar and/or petition Rob to impose a no-imping rule.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Steve

An expressionist rendition of Paganini in action. I wouldn't conceive of any other.  :)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Bill on April 30, 2007, 04:39:29 PM
That was classic!  LOL....a lot.  I put in a submission to The Mad Hatter to see if I might don my old Bogart avatar, but have not heard back yet.   :D

Truthfully, I enjoyed your changes of avatar when they all had some link to Bogart. That was pretty damn cool.

Sarge

Bogey

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 30, 2007, 04:59:45 PM
Truthfully, I enjoyed your changes of avatar when they all had some link to Bogart. That was pretty damn cool.

Sarge

I believe it is about ime to revert back to Bogey.....and stay there within the Bogart framework like you pointed out Sarge, no matter the temptation of one night flings.  I will have to deal with Mad Hatter later. ;D :D  Maybe I will send him a couple of cds for his trouble.  Would this be considered buying him off........you bet! 8)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Steve on April 30, 2007, 04:58:24 PM
An expressionist rendition of Paganini in action. I wouldn't conceive of any other.  :)

That's a great avatar, Steve. Good color. Don't ever change it.

Thus spake Sarge ;D

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Bill on April 30, 2007, 05:11:51 PM
I believe it is about ime to revert back to Bogey.....and stay there within the Bogart framework

Well, you got my vote, Bogey.

Sarge

not edward

Morbo from Futurama.

"I will destroy you."
"I don't at all mind actively disliking a piece of contemporary music, but in order to feel happy about it I must consciously understand why I dislike it. Otherwise it remains in my mind as unfinished business."
-- Aaron Copland, The Pleasures of Music

George

Quote from: edward on April 30, 2007, 05:47:51 PM

"I will destroy you."

I am glad that you longer have this text beneath your avatar, for I don't think it suits you.  :)