Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 24, 2021, 06:26:18 PM
The closer we get to October, the more I think Penderecki is entirely appropriate, so I'll keep him up as my avatar for awhile. I've been digging his music quite a bit lately.

Good photo with the halo. 0:)

Florestan

New year, new (old) avatar!

I reverted to my original avatar* and signature line.

* Van Gogh - Flowers in a Blue Vase
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

George

Quote from: Florestan on January 01, 2022, 06:03:10 AM
New year, new (old) avatar!

I reverted to my original avatar*

Yaaaayyy!!

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Florestan

Quote from: George on January 01, 2022, 06:47:11 AM
Yaaaayyy!!

The avatar is neutral enough so that nobody can guess from it what music I like. The signature line, though, gives me away as an unabashed romantic. :D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Florestan on January 01, 2022, 08:52:05 AM
The avatar is neutral enough so that nobody can guess from it what music I like. The signature line, though, gives me away as an unabashed romantic. :D
Love that quote!  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

I get aromas of Mozart and Schubert on the palette somehow  ::)  ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on January 02, 2022, 02:55:18 AM
I get aromas of Mozart and Schubert on the palette somehow  ::)  ;D
;D

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

George

As does your username.  $:)
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Fëanor

My avatar, on the contrary, is indicative of my music preference that inclines to the 20th century.  My user moniker indicates something quite unrelated to music.  The latter I use on several other forums as well.

LKB

While my current avatar is rather explicit, my usual one is even more so. The signature line provides a hint as well...
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

DavidW

My avatar is a visual representation of 4'33.  You just have to vibe with the ambiance of the negative space. 0:)

foxandpeng

Hm.

A fox. Outside. Wearing a warm scarf. Reading a book, drinking coffee. Smoking a pipe.

Pretty standard.
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

joachim

The pipe, a scarf and a good pint of beer instead of coffee, foxandpeng, you remind me of Maigret, a very French character, however.  ;)

My avatar, I mentioned it in my presentation, is Joseph Boulogne, Chevalier de Saint-George, a violinist, composer and also a fencer born in Guadeloupe.

foxandpeng

Quote from: joachim on April 11, 2022, 06:38:37 AM
The pipe, a scarf and a good pint of beer instead of coffee, foxandpeng, you remind me of Maigret, a very French character, however.  ;)

My avatar, I mentioned it in my presentation, is Joseph Boulogne, Chevalier de Saint-George, a violinist, composer and also a fencer born in Guadeloupe.

I stand in good company 😌
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Rosalba

I probably posted on this thread a few years ago when I first joined.

If not - my avatar is the White Rose of York, Rosa Alba, because I live in Yorkshire and love it with all my heart.
After all, it is nicknamed 'God's Own County'! :)

steve ridgway

Quote from: Rosalba on April 14, 2022, 05:58:31 AM
my avatar is the White Rose of York, Rosa Alba, because I live in Yorkshire and love it with all my heart.
After all, it is nicknamed 'God's Own County'! :)

It's good to love the area you live in. I'm very fond of hilly and wooded countryside such as the Pennines so plenty of Yorkshire appeals. We lived in Bradford for a year and found plenty of good places to go for walks with the dogs.

Rosalba

I have been to Leeds a lot but not to Bradford. But I believe that Bradford has a wonderful cultural life with lots of groups doing things and putting on plays or concerts. We used to have dogs but at present want the freedom to move about a bit. I keep hankering though. What sort of dogs do you have?

Andante

My Avatar is a Tic Tok thingy...
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

Autolycus

John Fawcett as Autolycus in "The Winter's Tale" (1828) by Wageman