Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autolycus

John Fawcett as Autolycus in "The Winter's Tale" (1828) by Wageman

steve ridgway

steve ridgway

Quote from: Rosalba on April 17, 2022, 11:54:57 PM
I have been to Leeds a lot but not to Bradford. But I believe that Bradford has a wonderful cultural life with lots of groups doing things and putting on plays or concerts. We used to have dogs but at present want the freedom to move about a bit. I keep hankering though. What sort of dogs do you have?

We have three rescue dogs, two large terriers and a Kelpie Australian sheepdog.

DavidW

Quote from: Andante on April 18, 2022, 01:58:40 AM
My Avatar is a Tic Tok thingy...

In 2022 when someone says Tic Tok I don't immediately think of a metronome! :laugh:

Rosalba

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 18, 2022, 05:26:18 AM
We have three rescue dogs, two large terriers and a Kelpie Australian sheepdog.

Terriers! Fab - we have had two Airedale Terriers and a Border Terrier. Are yours crossbreeds? What sort of mixture?

steve ridgway

Quote from: Rosalba on April 18, 2022, 06:22:54 AM
Terriers! Fab - we have had two Airedale Terriers and a Border Terrier. Are yours crossbreeds? What sort of mixture?

One's a large Parson Russell type and the other's a refugee from Romania that looks like a small black shepherd dog.

Mirror Image

My current avatar is Isang Yun. A composer that has long fascinated me. I recently acquired a box set of his orchestral, choral, chamber and solo instrumental works and I have been enjoying the journey immensely. I remember hearing his symphonies on the CPO years ago and even back then, I was impressed with what I heard. He's Andre's favorite Asian composer, but, honestly, I'm still exploring so many composers from this part of the world that I'm reluctant to name an absolute favorite, but I'll just leave it at I believe Yun is an incredibly fine composer.

Rosalba

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 02, 2022, 08:25:21 PM
My current avatar is Isang Yun. A composer that has long fascinated me. I recently acquired a box set of his orchestral, choral, chamber and solo instrumental works and I have been enjoying the journey immensely. I remember hearing his symphonies on the CPO years ago and even back then, I was impressed with what I heard. He's Andre's favorite Asian composer, but, honestly, I'm still exploring so many composers from this part of the world that I'm reluctant to name an absolute favorite, but I'll just leave it at I believe Yun is an incredibly fine composer.

Thanks for the Heads Up.

Florestan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Minulescu

My very first favorite Romanian poet, a Symbolist I discovered during my high school years --- first and foremost because of a crush.  :D

Oddly enough, the self-same crush resulted in Beethoven's Pathetique being my favorite piano sonata of his.  :D

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Mirror Image

My current avatar is England's greatest symphonist, Ralph Vaughan Williams. Let's celebrate the 150th Anniversary of his birth year together!

KevinP

Mine is very out-of-date, but even though I prefer the current look (even the photo below has a year-and-a-half on it), somehow I never change it.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 06, 2022, 11:10:33 AMMy current avatar is England's greatest symphonist, Ralph Vaughan Williams. Let's celebrate the 150th Anniversary of his birth year together!

Don't know if you have noticed, guys, but Mirror Image changed his avatar three times in the lat week, even if he hasn't posted anything for months.  ;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

prémont

Quote from: KevinP on January 26, 2023, 03:03:55 PMMine is very out-of-date, but even though I prefer the current look (even the photo below has a year-and-a-half on it), somehow I never change it.

I see that you have been wise enough to quit smoking.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

KevinP

I'm still a pipe smoker. Just harder to tell where the pipe smoke ends and my hair begins