Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb

Quote from: George on February 11, 2008, 01:02:22 PM
Prove it.  ;D

This is what i would look like if I stood next to the great man,  Pettersson.

Ephemerid

Quote from: paulb on February 11, 2008, 01:12:41 PM
LOL

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: paulb on February 11, 2008, 01:12:41 PM

But you have to admit there is an undeniable resemblance between you and Pettersson.

I can understand George's confusion.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Brian

Currently a testament to Super Bowl XLII's most extraordinary play!

Next weekend I will be changing it to a portrait of Antonin Dvorak.  :)

Bogey

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 11, 2008, 06:51:39 AM

Bogey, my man, why?

By the way, this is my favorite Star Trek character, the Klingon warrior Worf, House of Mog:

A little known fact about Worf is that he tried to make it as a pop singer before entering Star Fleet Academy. Long out of print, this, his only album, has become quite a collector's item:

Sarge

LOL!  Was it Benji that used to put the Klingon head on HvK....that was hilarious as well.  I have to admit that I have difficuly sticking to the same avatar....just too much fun.  Maybe I should start a thread where folks nominate choices that I can choose one from.  However Sarge, you must admit that the gotee is damn cool.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 11, 2008, 02:35:28 PM
But you have to admit there is an undeniable resemblance between you and Pettersson.

I can understand George's confusion.

Sarge

I really think you have found your true vocation, Sarge!  ;D

Keep 'em coming, good man!
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Brian

Hm, not so sure about this new avatar. Doesn't seem to fit my style ... Maybe I should start a "Choose Brian's Avatar" thread.  :-\

Lilas Pastia

Gee, Mark, your new one looks like you're morphing into King Henry VIII  :o

lukeottevanger

Doesn't bode well for his wife.... :-\

Lilas Pastia

Wife # 1 was merely repudiated. I'd feel more worried if she was one of her successors...

Mark

Ha ha! Very good, chaps. ;D

I'm rather pleased with my new avatar. Yes, it reveals I'm putting on a few pounds. But it also looks like me, which I feel so few photos of me do.

George

Kicking my can all over the place, singing...

George

Quote from: gomro on March 15, 2008, 08:30:55 AM
And so my NEW avatar is some sort of something I put together while listening to Stockhausen's Cosmic Pulses; I'm not sure what it is, but I think it captures the intensity of that electronic maelstrom well enough.

LOVE it!  :)

uffeviking

My new Avatar is  a photo of Gerhard Richter's painting Candle which sold for close to eight million Dollars at a recent auction at Sotheby's!
:o

Ephemerid

Quote from: uffeviking on March 15, 2008, 06:55:26 PM
My new Avatar is  a photo of Gerhard Richter's painting Candle which sold for close to eight million Dollars at a recent auction at Sotheby's!

I noticed it earlier & I like it. :-)

BTW, for those who didn't know, my current one is from Maurice Sendak's Where Wild Things Are.

Kullervo

Quote from: uffeviking on March 15, 2008, 06:55:26 PM

Hm, thought it was just a cover for a Sonic Youth album.

Saul

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on March 15, 2008, 06:59:13 AM
Gee, Mark, your new one looks like you're morphing into King Henry VIII  :o

Ha!

They do look somewhat similar...

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

shive1

Mine's a young Ralph Vaughan Williams.   :)

ChamberNut