Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haffner

Quote from: ChamberNut on March 20, 2008, 07:56:44 AM
The Exorcist

One of my favorites.

I'll be spinning Boys From Brazil once more, after 25-plus years, tomorrow.

George

The debut album from Stone Temple Pilots.

FideLeo

Flauto traverso (aka baroque flute) after J. Denner (c. 1720 Germany) made by Daniel Deitch in San Francisco, CA.

FangLin
HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

OzRadio

Hal Peary (1908 - 1985) who created the character Throckmorton P. Gildersleeve. Gildersleeve evolved as a guest character on the radio series Fibber McGee and Molly during the late 30s before receiving his own show in 1941. The Great Gildersleeve ran to 1957 (I think), though Peary left the show in '50. Anyone go back far enough to remember hearing this show on the air?

Haffner

drogulus

Quote from: ChamberNut on March 20, 2008, 07:56:44 AM
The Exorcist

Why would you want to identify yourself with some image from a crappy horror film?

(I recovered from a mild case of demon infestation. :D. Now I'm back to almost normal.)

The Gibson Firebird compels you!!

See.....much better. 0:)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

marvinbrown

Quote from: Haffner on March 20, 2008, 02:01:15 PM
Some German dude.

Yeah me too just some random German dude  ;)!

marvin

Haffner

Quote from: drogulus on March 20, 2008, 03:40:25 PM
     Why would you want to identify yourself with some image from a crappy horror film?

(Laughing) the BEST horror film (love #3 as well. Go GEORGE C.!)

DavidW

Quote from: Haffner on March 20, 2008, 03:49:04 PM

Yeah I do too, including #3, but hate #2.  George C. Scott can just make a movie can't he?  Which reminds me one of my favorite horror movies is The Changeling with George C. Scott. :)

Dancing Divertimentian

Mr. Sviatoslav Richter pondering a good divertimento.

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

George

Quote from: donwyn on March 20, 2008, 08:54:11 PM
Mr. Sviatoslav Richter pondering a good divertimento.

And here I thought he was pondering a pickup line in a Chelsea bar.  ;D   

Brian

I usually remember to shave only once every two or three weeks; this is the unhappy result. Whatever you do, don't let tartar sauce get stuck in your beard. But that's probably too much information already.

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

Johan Julius Christian Sibelius.

Haffner

Quote from: DavidW on March 20, 2008, 05:59:59 PM
Yeah I do too, including #3, but hate #2.  George C. Scott can just make a movie can't he?  Which reminds me one of my favorite horror movies is The Changeling with George C. Scott. :)

The Changeling is a little know movie that is extremely cool. Scott really was like a force of nature. I completely agree, Exorcist 2 was a total dud.

drogulus

Quote from: Haffner on March 20, 2008, 03:49:04 PM

This one was so bad it wasn't even fun.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Haffner

Quote from: drogulus on March 21, 2008, 01:59:08 PM

This one was so bad it wasn't even fun.

A waste of Richard Burton, indeed!

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Haffner on March 20, 2008, 02:01:15 PM
Some German dude.

Andy, as much as I love Wagner (and you know I really, really do  ;) ) I have to admit I love your girlfriend more. I prefer the avatars where she was featured  8)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Haffner

;)

From a "Black Metal" modeling gig.

Haffner

;) ;)

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: George on March 20, 2008, 09:25:06 PM
And here I thought he was pondering a pickup line in a Chelsea bar.  ;D   

;D

He tried it and flamed out so he went back to pondering non-threatening things... ;D

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach